Wiki Posts
Search

Where can I find referral bonuses?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2004, 3:23 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Where can I find referral bonuses?

I would like to refer a friend to United and want us both to get something out of it. Any idea what might be available at the moment? Is this usually a targeted promotion?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 4:38 pm

Re: Referral bonus

From the United Plus 'threads' page do a search on MPD984 & MPD994. Those are the two referral programs going on at the present time that I am aware of. ^
Old Aug 16, 2004, 4:51 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard Rhodes
From the United Plus 'threads' page do a search on MPD984 & MPD994. Those are the two referral programs going on at the present time that I am aware of. ^
Thanks much for the information but nothing came up when I did a search. Any other ideas?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:23 pm

When I checked these out the first time, bonus 984 was at www.bonusmilesmpd984.com Bonus 994 was at www.bonusmilesmpd994.com.
The mpd994 site is still out there. The site for mpd984 seems to have disappeared. Both offers were suppossed to be good through 12/31/04.
What I would do is call the United Mileage Plus toll-free number and specifically ask them about both offers.

Hopefully the representative can point you in the right direction. ^
Old Aug 16, 2004, 7:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

When I checked these out the first time, bonus 984 was at www.bonusmilesmpd984.com Bonus 994 was at www.bonusmilesmpd994.com.
The mpd994 site is still out there. The site for mpd984 seems to have disappeared. Both offers were suppossed to be good through 12/31/04.
What I would do is call the United Mileage Plus toll-free number and specifically ask them about both offers.

Thank you very very much. That's exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Before you or others rush off and sign up via United, there are some that get you AND the referring FT'er miles. This one gets you 7,500 bonus miles on your first flight.

One is an interesting new MP sign up deal that some non USA residnet FT'ers got recently - 2500 just for SIGNING up then 5000 for 1st flight!

Targeted email to me. Joh (also a 1K) did not get it. Nor did several family members whose accounts I manage here to ensure they enroll for things on time. Any bolding below is mine.

When a referral enrols between 1 August and 31 October 2004, you and your referral will each earn 2,500 bonus miles

• When a referral completes a paid, qualifying round-trip on United, United Express® or Ted(SM) (in booking class F, A, P, C, D, Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q or V) between 1 August and 31 October 2004, you and your referral will each earn 5,000 bonus miles!

That’s as many as 45,000 bonus miles for you and up to 7,500 bonus miles for each of your referrals who enrols.

Refer your friends now to earn up to 45,000 bonus miles.

etc

In the reams of fine print it goes on to say:

Valid only on flights operated by United, United Express and Ted(SM) and not on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. Bonus miles apply to base flight miles only and do not count towards elite status. Offer not valid for employees of United, Mileage Plus or their affiliates. Not valid on government fares. Valid only for international Mileage Plus members and not valid for Mileage Plus members residing in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. Qualifying flights must be posted to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify for this offer. Sponsor may earn bonus miles when new members are qualified and have purchased and completed a qualifying flight. Online registration is required. We will not accept registration via telephone. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Needs to be done via a UA weblink and they need a NAME and EMAIL for the new enrolled, and then they email you direct saying I have invited you to join, and when you join via that link the referral points credit to me.

Now this bit is rather vague - Valid only for international Mileage Plus members and not valid for Mileage Plus members residing in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. Yes it appears to be a targeted offer to some non-USA MP members. And clearly anyone offering a North American mailing address will not get the 2500. What stops me signing up 5 local family members and all of us getting 2500 points per referral I wonder? Whether they fly or not?

Or of course a new MP member that resides in the USA that suddenly acquires an Ozzie mailing address before their first flight, and gets 7500, and when posted moves their address back stateside. coff.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And there was a recent promo with less sign up miles for USA residents.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
is it still working? (Us res)

thanks.
this one was submitted for a friend of mine but as soon as I hit SUBMIT, the site dissapeared. I tried again and same thing. Seems like it shut down upon submittal so who knows. Will have to check if my friend got the link email...
MM
Old Sep 20, 2004, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I signed up a friend for the 7,500 miles today for her first flight later September and the site worded fine. She received her MP number within 5 minutes direct from UA. I was a targetted recipient of the promo so maybe that is part of the reason the website link they gave me worked, who knows?

Marathon Man - in my case they have emailed me each time confirming the friend's registration (see below) so sounds like you are SOL on that one?

The promo I was targerted for was neither 994 or 984:

Dear ozstamps:

Thank you for referring your friends for membership into
United Mileage Plus(R). We have just sent them an e-mail invitation
to enrol in the programme. Remember, when a referral enrols
between 1 August and 31 October 2004, you and your referral
will each earn 2,500 bonus miles. Plus, when each referral flies
a paid, qualifying round-trip on United, United Express® or Ted(SM)
(in booking class F, A, P, C, D, Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q or V), between
1 August and 31 October 2004, you and your referral will each earn
5,000 bonus miles! So be sure to encourage them to enrol and fly.

We look forward to seeing you and your friends on United flights soon.

And don't forget, you can still refer 2 more friend(s),
family member(s) or business associate(s) to the programme.

-----------------------------

I have now just two invites left - if anyone knows someone who will definitely fly a round trip before end October please contact me and I'll sign them up, and they are in line for 7,500 miles after their first RT.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 6:50 am

Programs: Too Many.....
Originally Posted by ozstamps
I signed up a friend for the 7,500 miles today for her first flight later September and the site worded fine. She received her MP number within 5 minutes direct from UA. I was a targetted recipient of the promo so maybe that is part of the reason the website link they gave me worked, who knows?

Marathon Man - in my case they have emailed me each time confirming the friend's registration (see below) so sounds like you are SOL on that one?

The promo I was targerted for was neither 994 or 984:

Dear ozstamps:

Thank you for referring your friends for membership into
United Mileage Plus(R). We have just sent them an e-mail invitation
to enrol in the programme. Remember, when a referral enrols
between 1 August and 31 October 2004, you and your referral
will each earn 2,500 bonus miles. Plus, when each referral flies
a paid, qualifying round-trip on United, United Express® or Ted(SM)
(in booking class F, A, P, C, D, Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q or V), between
1 August and 31 October 2004, you and your referral will each earn
5,000 bonus miles! So be sure to encourage them to enrol and fly.

We look forward to seeing you and your friends on United flights soon.

And don't forget, you can still refer 2 more friend(s),
family member(s) or business associate(s) to the programme.

-----------------------------

I have now just two invites left - if anyone knows someone who will definitely fly a round trip before end October please contact me and I'll sign them up, and they are in line for 7,500 miles after their first RT.
Would this work if a newbie just signed up and has not flown yet??
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SANBO93

Would this work if a newbie just signed up and has not flown yet??

Can't see why not ........ Mr Newbie.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 5:05 pm

Are These Referral Bonuses Working Currently?
What Is The Difference Between 994 And 984?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.