Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

SPG member benefits provided in August 2017 by member Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers.

SPG member discount at Hotel’s venues:
  • 15% discount on Food bill (lunch & dinner only, not breakfast) at Saigon Café Buffet Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill at Level 23 Signature Restaurant and Li Bai Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill, from 10AM to 11PM at Mojo on Dong Khoi and The Lounge
  • 15% discount on Food and 15% discount on non alcoholic Beverage at Level 23 Nightspot and Wine Bar.
  • 20% discount all Spa service.

Club Lounge Benefits:
  • Private and personalized registration and check out in the Lounge
  • Buffet breakfast served from 6.30am until 10.00am in the Lounge.
  • Happy Hours drinks and hors d’oeuvres each evening from 5.00pm to 7.30pm
  • One hour complimentary use of the Club Lounge meeting room (subject to availability)
  • Wireless and Broadband Internet connection and workstations at the Club Lounge
  • Facsimile and photocopying services available
  • Light pressing of three garments per stay upon arrival
  • 24 hour Butler service and Concierge services available
  • Choice of international newspapers in the lounge
  • Sheraton Fitness Gym featuring latest Techno gym equipment for selected workout stations
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:41 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Great new lounge at Sheraton Saigon!

Sheraton Saigon Hotel And Towers

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

88 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City, VN

Great new lounge at Sheraton Saigon! (14 Photos)

I'm including information from two different stays. Ironically, they were both in the same room.

Check In

Check-in was pleasant as always. The first stay was my 10th at the property and they surprised me with a nice decorative cloth which can be used on a coffee table or we may frame it. Nice to have propety loyalty recognized! 

IMG_1589 edited.jpg

Room

During both stays I had the exact same room. It is an L-shaped suite with a small kitchen in the living room. It would be a great room for a long stay if you plan to buy food and do some cooking yourself. There is plenty of space in these rooms though it is missing some outlets near the bed fo

New Longe

The new lounge isn't quite new, but previously it was only for those booking into the Towers section of the hotel. The lounge for SPG Platinum members was smaller though it had a nice view due to the location on a high floor.

The new lounge is really a significant extension of the lounge for Towers guests which has been enlarged so now includes SPG Platinum guests. This is a significant step up from the previous lounge and they property really is to be commended for this change.

The lounge is located on the 5th floor alongside the spa and pool. The breakfast and dinner spreads are substantial and besides the selection from the buffet you can also order from a menu which changes every day.IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1790.JPGIMG_1791.JPGIMG_1792.JPGIMG_1793.JPG

There are two different food areas, other than the chef station, they have the same dishes.IMG_1794.JPG

There is plenty of seating of various types. Booth-bench type seating, lounge chair seating and proper table and chairs.IMG_1795.JPG

The lounge is right next to the pool.

IMG_1796.JPG

I didn't venture upstairs. I assume it is just more seating. Maybe I will check it next time. 

IMG_1797.JPGIMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

This was a Hue noodle soup that was offered from the lounge menu one evening. 

1_IMG_1801.JPG

This evening lounge menu is not sideways in my computer, not sure why it is sideways here. 

1_IMG_1812.JPGThe same with this morning breakfast menu. The menu is changed every day.

I have been staying at this property for a few years during my business trips to Saigon. It is close to my office and close enough to most clients. There is a lot of construction nearby but the area is still very walkable and there are lots of great places to eat and wander. Because Uber has become so ubiquitous in HCMC it is really easy to get anywhere for dinner, meetings or visiting friends.

Service

I have found the service at the hotel to be really great. The only thing I would like to see improved is the process for emailing me a PDF of my invoice at the end of the stay. I always ask for it, they always note that they will, and almost always I need to send a reminder email. I'm guessing that this is something that is done from another departmet who doesn't necessarily get the message that the guest requires an email re

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Saigon Hotel And Towers?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:45 am
Company Representative: Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers

Location: 88 Dong Khoi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Dear yosithezet,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share yourexperience and pictures on Flyertalk following your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive, your compliments willbe an encouragement for us to keep bringing our guest the outstanding services.
We are also very happy to learn that you had and enjoyable timeexploring our “new” Sheraton Club Lounge and it’s services.

Your comments about the invoicing process is well-noted andaddressed to our team accordingly.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ho Chi Minh City!

With warm regards,
Marion Klein
Director of Sales and Marketing
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:16 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Can we access the grand tower lounge if we are not staying in the grand tower?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:14 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Read through my review and you will notice that the lounges are now combined.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Dear howtofreetravel,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your question.

Please contact us at [email protected] with your booking requirements so that we can ensure that all room rates quoted to you have Grand Tower / Club Lounge access included. Our Lounge is open from 6:00am until 11:00pm. We offer complimentary coffee, tea, water and/or soft drinks throughout the hours of operation as well as breakfast from 6:00am to 10:00am daily and evening cocktails from 5:00pm to 8:00pm daily.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ho Chi Minh City!

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:22 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread -- but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I am interested in the primary differences in the quality of the rooms between the Old Tower and the Grand Tower.

I am looking to stay over the NYE period and I can get a great rate for the Executive Suite (which is, I believe, in the Old Tower). This is the largest room type available at 980 ft˛ / 91 m˛. However, in the photos on the website it looks like the slightly smaller (and cheaper) 893 ft˛ / 83 m˛ Luxury Suite in the Grand Tower is nicer?

Any advice on which I should go with?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:11 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i haven't been in a few years but the Grand Tower is the way to go without a doubt. I question what you are saying because I don't believe the Grand Tower would be cheaper for a suite that is not that much different in size.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by zzap
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread -- but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I am interested in the primary differences in the quality of the rooms between the Old Tower and the Grand Tower.

I am looking to stay over the NYE period and I can get a great rate for the Executive Suite (which is, I believe, in the Old Tower). This is the largest room type available at 980 ft˛ / 91 m˛. However, in the photos on the website it looks like the slightly smaller (and cheaper) 893 ft˛ / 83 m˛ Luxury Suite in the Grand Tower is nicer?

Any advice on which I should go with?
Dear zzap,

Thank you for sharing with us your concerns. It would be best that you let us know your email address so that we could send you more details regarding the primary differences between our rooms in the Main Tower and the Grand Tower. We look forward to hearing from you!

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:56 am

Thanks, Scott. I flicked an email [email protected] 9 hours ago.
Looking forward to a response. :-)

Originally Posted by abk
i haven’t been in a few years but the Grand Tower is the way to go without a doubt. I question what you are saying because I don’t believe the Grand Tower would be cheaper for a suite that is not that much different in size.
Thanks for your advice, abk; the Grand Tower does seem to be well liked. I will take another look but it is definitely the case.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers
Dear zzap,

Thank you for sharing with us your concerns. It would be best that you let us know your email address so that we could send you more details regarding the primary differences between our rooms in the Main Tower and the Grand Tower. We look forward to hearing from you!

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager

I am sure that others would be interested in that information. Would you mind sharing it on FlyerTalk?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:58 pm

I still haven’t heard anything from the property. I emailed on Thursday morning and it is now Saturday morning here. Is [email protected] not the correct email address? I have interacted with the hotel via this address previously in 2015. :/
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
I am sure that others would be interested in that information. Would you mind sharing it on FlyerTalk?

Thanks in advance.
Dear UASPG,

Thank you for interests in our room information. We are very happy to share with you the following points.

• Grand Tower Suite is located in an exclusive tower consisting of only studio rooms and suites, with only 6 rooms per floor
• The Grand Tower Suite has a modern theme and contemporary décor
• Featuring luxury marble bathroom and a walk-in closet
• Check-in at Front Desk or at the Sheraton Club lounge on 5th floor

Should you have further concerns, please reach out to us directly at [email protected].

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers
Should you have further concerns, please reach out to us directly at [email protected].

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Really, though? I emailed that address on Thursday and have not heard anything back still.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by zzap
Really, though? I emailed that address on Thursday and have not heard anything back still.
zzap, thank you again and apolgies for the late response. We have just sent you the information. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:34 am

Got it. ^ Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.