Wiki Posts
Search

No Rome Forum?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2004, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question No Rome Forum?

I'm contemplating a trip to Rome/Tuscany, so naturally I turned to FlyerTalk as the source of all things wise and wonderful regarding travel.

Imagine my surprise when I find out Featured Destinations like London, Paris, Chicago, Toronto, and so on, but no Rome?!

Is this an oversight or has there been some historical reason I'm not aware of?
Old Jun 24, 2004, 12:57 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Search in this forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=477

I found 109 topics using the word "Rome".

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jun 24, 2004, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oh, I know, Bill. There's stuff on Rome scattered about in many forums: Hilton, Marriott, USAir, BA, etc. There's stuff on a lot of cities scattered about.

I just thought that Rome was an important enough destination all by itself, like LA, Paris, etc., to rate it's own forum. I guess I was surprised to find out that's not true, and I wondered why.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 1:56 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by BigLar
Oh, I know, Bill. There's stuff on Rome scattered about in many forums: Hilton, Marriott, USAir, BA, etc. There's stuff on a lot of cities scattered about.

I just thought that Rome was an important enough destination all by itself, like LA, Paris, etc., to rate it's own forum. I guess I was surprised to find out that's not true, and I wondered why.
I agree that it seems like an important enough destination city to have it's own section in the Destination area, but am not sure why that is not the way it is. Maybe Randy or some of his folks know why.

If you are requesting us - as the TalkBoard - to consider recommending that Randy add it, we could certainly do so, but my only concern would be that the threads in the link given above would need to be gathered and moved to the new forum so the information is not abandoned altogether.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jun 28, 2004, 3:59 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

As the saying goes, "(the) Rome (forum) wasn't built in a day." No real reason to exclude this popular travel destination. The only 'excuse' i can offer up is that the first and formost purpose of FlyerTalk is the topic of frequent flyer miles and points. In the geenral topic of travel we have relied on our most excellent member base to build content and topic. I see no reason why we can't review this for possible forum status. Given we have some concerns about listing as featured, every single travel destination, are there any others that warrant more exposure or being annoited as a forum before "Rome?"

Thanks for the input.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
An alternate, compromise approach would be to have an "Italy" Forum under Travel & Dining: Destination>>The World. An advantage would be to place Rome, Venice, Florence/Tuscan, and Milan/Lake Como threads in one place - which would be nice in that many travellers go to more than one destination when visiting Italy for business and/or pleasure.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:44 am

rome is lovely...but it is not in tuscany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.