Wiki Posts
Search

Bar and Restaurant recomendations in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Bar and Restaurant recomendations in Hong Kong

Anybody got any good bar/pub/restaurant recommendations in Hong Kong.

Also, if I had to choose one restuarant for a last night meal should I do Felix or the Mandarin Grill. We're staying in the Mandarin for the last night, so tempted with Felix as it means we get to experience the Pen aswell. Not sure though...

Dean
Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:30 pm

Programs: Presto
The Felix:

It's funny, but I have difficulty remembering the meal at the Felix on account of the lasting impression the men's washroom made on me. Seriously, that experience itself is worth the visit.

The meal and service were fine (not outstanding) and being Canadian, I was surprised to see 4 Canadian wines on the wine list (didn't have one though). If you go, try for a window seat, as the view of the harbour is quite spectacular. If I remember correctly, they have two sittings and your chances for a window are much better for the early sitting.

NV
Old May 1, 2004, 8:51 am

Programs: UA, WN, AA Plat, too many hotels
Tott's is another option for dinner

I enjoyed an awesome meal this evening at ToTT's. Located on the 34th floor of the Excelsior with window views of Causeaway Bay and Admiralty, ToTT's is an experience for all the senses. Relaxing atmosphere with an odd blend of dark woods, red velvet and zebra striped accents in the throw pillows and ashtrays.

The menu boasts seafood, beef, chicken, lamb and vegetarian dishes artfully prepared in a style that can best be described as fusion with tandori, curry, sushi, asian, and western styles represnted in the comprehensive menu.

I enjoyed two of their signature dishes - the red crab bisque with papaya and the chocolate ganache souffle with mango ice cream and carmelized bananas. Choosing an entree was difficult - they all sounded so good. I selected a wonderful ahi with scallops and spring onion rice cake (I wanted to be sure I had room for dessert :-)

All the courses were excellent and artfully prepared including the delicate sauces that complimented the entree and dessert.

Service is excellent with your waiter attentive without being overbearing. The personal touch of addressing the diner by name is charming and not overdone.

Price for value is quite good for a restaurant of this caliber with this diners meal of appetizer, entree and dessert coming in at about $45 US, however that doesn't include cocktails.

There are a number of threads about Hong Kong Restaurants in the Asia forum on www.fodors.com. No, this is not a commerical endorsement, merely a reference to another resource which I hope is okay.

Good luck with your decision. Hong Kong is such a wonderful food city!!!!
Old May 2, 2004, 5:49 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk wolves27

Scroll down the page, look for "Travel&Dining: Featured Destinations" in this section there is a Hong Kong forum with lots of information.

Have fun.
Old May 4, 2004, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Cheers for that!

I'm actually staying in the Excelsior for most of my stay so may give that a look.

Dean
Old May 10, 2004, 12:15 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cjbryant
I enjoyed an awesome meal this evening at ToTT's. Located on the 34th floor of the Excelsior with window views of Causeaway Bay and Admiralty, ToTT's is an experience for all the senses. Relaxing atmosphere with an odd blend of dark woods, red velvet and zebra striped accents in the throw pillows and ashtrays.

The menu boasts seafood, beef, chicken, lamb and vegetarian dishes artfully prepared in a style that can best be described as fusion with tandori, curry, sushi, asian, and western styles represnted in the comprehensive menu.

I enjoyed two of their signature dishes - the red crab bisque with papaya and the chocolate ganache souffle with mango ice cream and carmelized bananas. Choosing an entree was difficult - they all sounded so good. I selected a wonderful ahi with scallops and spring onion rice cake (I wanted to be sure I had room for dessert :-)

All the courses were excellent and artfully prepared including the delicate sauces that complimented the entree and dessert.

Service is excellent with your waiter attentive without being overbearing. The personal touch of addressing the diner by name is charming and not overdone.

Price for value is quite good for a restaurant of this caliber with this diners meal of appetizer, entree and dessert coming in at about $45 US, however that doesn't include cocktails.

There are a number of threads about Hong Kong Restaurants in the Asia forum on www.fodors.com. No, this is not a commerical endorsement, merely a reference to another resource which I hope is okay.

Good luck with your decision. Hong Kong is such a wonderful food city!!!!
Good info.... thanks!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.