New price CRWSTAR1 Ex CAI

Subscribe
The new price (after April 15) from CAI is EGP 21450 up from 19500. According to the friendly guy at the UA 1K desk there is an across the board 10% hike. Another example was an economy ticket ex USA going from ~$3400 to ~$3700.

This is not too bad considering continued devaluation of the Egyptian pound. In EUR terms it is still cheaper than last summer.
Is that the new price now (April 9, 2004), or is it the price it is going to be on April 15, 2004?

Do we have a Window Of Opportunity to buy them now?
Is this the special TG price or the "normal" RTW price?
Can someone post the new prices for all mileage levels and service classes ex CAI, BKK and CPT here please. I am skiing and have a horrible internet connection. Sorry for not looking it up myself.

Thanks!
Quote: .....According to the friendly guy at the UA 1K desk there is an across the board 10% hike......
can this be considered a reliable information ?
so far no changes on the official source:

http://cms.lufthansa.com/fly/eg/en/b...940719,00.html
It's not that complicated..... call any *A carrier and ask for prices after April 15 ex CAI. I asked about CRWSTAR1 because that's the one that I buy. We already know that the prices are going up.

If you have ever been to Egypt then you would not be surprised if their website was not up to date.
CAI RTW travel agents?
Can someone recommend CAI travel agents that specialize in RTWs?
Emeco Travel...very good, friendly and they issue the ticket without your presence. Just fax all details and send it back all signed.

So what are the new prices ? When will the RTW be available ex Zimbabwe ? Directly after SAA joins Star ? Or when ?
Quote: Emeco Travel...very good, friendly and they issue the ticket without your presence. Just fax all details and send it back all signed.

So what are the new prices ? When will the RTW be available ex Zimbabwe ? Directly after SAA joins Star ? Or when ?
Aren't they also the GSAs for Cathay Pacific and American Airlines?
Yes they are!!!
I can confirm that the prices were in fact increased over the weekend in Egypt at least - for the FSTARRTW it is about 10 - 11 % over the old published fares - which is still very moderate considering what Onworld did when they raised the prices ex Egypt.

Cheers
Thomas
does that mean Cai is still the cheapest?
Probably...
Quote: does that mean Cai is still the cheapest?
As it was my understanding that the price increase was not an issue related to Egypt but to all and everwhere - I beleive there were two exceptions such as Canada - it is safe to say that CAI still offers the cheapest or at least amongst the very chepeast starting points

Cheers

Thomas
What is the cheapest starting point in Europe nowadays ?