Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New IAD Mileage Promo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2004, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
New IAD Mileage Promo

I just rec'd this in a "My Mileage Plus" e-mail. I don't think it's targeted but it is not listed under the "promos" section of United's website. Hope it helps some of you
======
To/from Washington Dulles

Offer: Earn 2,500 miles per roundtrip

Dates: June 15 through September 30, 2004

Details: Earn 2,500 miles when you purchase and fly a qualifying United, United Express® or TedSM roundtrip between Washington Dulles and the 50 United States, Canada or Puerto Rico. This offer is valid in all published booking classes, and may be earned a maximum of six times during the promotion period for a total of 15,000 bonus miles. Promotion Code: MPD 824

Terms and Conditions: You must register by September 30, 2004 to be eligible for this offer. You only need to register once. Travel must be completed between June 15 and September 30, 2004. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers. Valid for residents of the U.S.,Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands with tickets purchased in these locations. The fare purchased must be a valid, published fare. Not valid on government fares. Valid only on flights operated by United, United Express and Ted and not valid on United-marketed code-share fligths operated by other carriers. Bonus miles apply to base flight miles only and do not count toward elite status. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite or class-of-service bonuses. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Flights must be credited to your Mileage Plus account to earn bonus miles.

Register now: To register for this offer, visit united.com/offers/mpd824
Old Apr 7, 2004, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
More Dulles goodies!
Old Apr 7, 2004, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Once again, "not valid on government fares" - I'm sure that will be a big hit with DC area travelers.

Does anyone know if this promotion applies to roundtrips that do not originate or terminate at Dulles, e.g. SFO-IAD-LHR-IAD-SFO?
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:02 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Part of the motivation behind this campaign might be an attempt to keep any UA flyers from trying Independence Air.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
I got a "no longer valid" message when I tried united.com/offers/mpd824.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:17 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
try this link-after clicking on the link in my e-mail, this page came up.

http://www.united.com/promoreg?title...r&pcode=MPD824.

hope this one works for you
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Originally Posted by goalie
try this link-after clicking on the link in my e-mail, this page came up.
http://www.united.com/promoreg?title...r&pcode=MPD824.
hope this one works for you
Yes, that works, and when I went to MyMileagePlus, the link there worked also. The html text for the link in MyMileagePlus claimed to be the one posted above, but putting the cursor over it showed the link was actually different.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I got a message saying the system is experiencing technical difficulties...

Did anyone got the following speciall offer out of IAD:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=19989
Old Apr 7, 2004, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Thanks, Goalie

I didn't receive any email about this one. Registration seemed to take fine with the link.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
What about the direct link from united.com, but it is mpd884 instead of mpd824, it said you only need to purchase by Sep 30 and travel by Dec31, register and you would get $25 flight coupon in two weeks, then after the completion of travel you would get 2500 miles, seems like this one is a lot better than mpd824
Old Apr 7, 2004, 8:37 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Does anyone know if this promotion applies to roundtrips that do not originate or terminate at Dulles, e.g. SFO-IAD-LHR-IAD-SFO?
Good question. I initially looked at it and thought great, just regular trips RDU-IAD-SJC and back and extra 15K miles. But maybe not
Old Apr 7, 2004, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Am also curious about to-or-through question. With only RJs from ATL to IAD, they need some incentive to get people to go there, even if just for connections.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:24 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Anybody notice the change in language reagrding combinability? In the T&C, both of these promos read "combinable with other combinable offers".

Combinable offers used to just say "combinable with other offers" and we learned with the multitude of Q1 offers that:

a) combinable + combinable = both offers apply
b) combinable + non-combinable = both offers apply
c) non-combinable + non-combinable = only one appiles

The new language seems to imply that B will no longer will be the case and you can only have one of the offers. It's not applicable to these offers since they're both combinable, but it seems if UA were to offer another great non-combinable offer, you would not be eligible for it on flights that qualify for these promos.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Coterminals count for bonus

Just in case someone has the same issue that I had regarding MPD824.

I booked and flew a roundtrip flight from NYC-IAD: 6 Sept EWR-IAD, 14 Sept IAD-JFK. However, the 2,500 mile MPD824 bonus did not post, either did the 1000 online booking bonus for that matter

I emailed MP about these two issues and easily got the 1000 online booking bonus rectified, but the rep said that I did not qualify as I did not return to the same departure city. I knew that EWR and JFK qualify as NYC coterminals for MP promotions and earning.

I called MP and the rep was pleasant, but after reading the T&C she said I didn't qualify. After, I mentioned that United considers those two airport NYC coterminals, she said she'd speak with a supervisor. After about five minutes on hold, she said the supervisor agreed that coterminals qualified for the promo and I got the bonus.

The moral of the story is if you departed and returned to coterminals for MPD824, check your MP summary to see if it posted correctly. If not, call up MP to have them deposit your rightfully earned 2,500 miles. Vigilance is a necessity with all these promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.