Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any Interest in separate Italy/Rome thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance

How does one go about requesting a separate thread for Rome or Italy? I'm sure there are reasons for limiting threads due to monitors, server space, and then probably every other city or country would want their own thread.

I imagine that the first step is to find out if it is possible, then to poll to see if anyone is even interested.

Now open to any ideas/suggestions/flames.

------------------
Have a nice day flying United!
ChgoBob
Old Sep 26, 2003, 5:18 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
I wholeheartedly endorse a separate forum.

IMO Rome is as much of a "Featured Destination" as, ahem, Orlando.

At the very least, an Italy forum under "Destinations" would be great with the huge number of threads that this country generates.

One could argue that there isn't a "France" forum under "Destinations", but there is a "Latin America", "Mexico" and "South America" forum so why not an "Italy" forum as well as a "Europe" forum.

I suppose an additional way to see if a new forum would be helpful is to count the existing threads either about Rome or Italian destinations.

P.S. Thank you ChgoBob!

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 09-26-2003).]
Old Sep 26, 2003, 6:34 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChgoBob:

How does one go about requesting a separate thread for Rome or Italy? I'm sure there are reasons for limiting threads due to monitors, server space, and then probably every other city or country would want their own thread.

I imagine that the first step is to find out if it is possible, then to poll to see if anyone is even interested.

Now open to any ideas/suggestions/flames.

</font>
I would suggest going to FT Miles. Scroll all the way down the page to the only Randy Petersen Board. I also would like to see a separate thread for Italy.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 6:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChgoBob:

</font>
I (by birthplace) agree with you two.
Why don't ask FT managing staff and/or the TownHall to consider the reorganization of Dining and Airports fora, which are more and more disregarded? I think they could be easily included in corresponding destination fora:
I think that statistics about frequency on posting could figure us out that some of them do no longer need to be separate from all the rest .
Old Sep 26, 2003, 9:36 pm

Yes, please, a Roman forum.

Currently am researching two trips, one Paris and one Rome, and I see that Paris has it's own. Why not a Roman forum?

Old Sep 26, 2003, 9:42 pm

yes to a roman forum
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jamimi:
yes to a roman forum</font>
I agree. I still believe that you will be well served by posting this enquiry on Randy's forum in the FT Miles section. Please do take the time to go to FT Miles, scroll to the bottom and when you see only randy petersen you are at the right place. This will definitely get his attention. BTW, the topic "Roman Forum" is great. Still,I would like to see a forum dedicated to Italy. Seems that most of the questions I answer re: Italy are on Starwood and have little to do with hotels. The last question I responded to on Starwood dealt with transportation from VCE to SanMarco.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 12:27 pm

Aio, aio to the Roman Forum!
Old Sep 27, 2003, 9:15 pm

I just put in a request at the randy only spot at the bottom in case anyone wants to add their support. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.