Can you pay to put a message on the Jumbotron in Times Square

Subscribe
Not really sure if this is TravelBuzz worthy topic but I am doing some research for some friends visiting New York. He would like to see about putting a "Will You Marry Me" message to his girlfriend on the screen. Do they accept offers like this?

------------------
Rachel
Pictures From My Trips & Travels
Well, if they do allow people to pay to put messages up there, I bet it costs a boatload of money!
Yea. For a "friend". We all believe that. Sure.

auh2o - adding serious value with this post.
Yes you can rent it, but I don't have the details, and the person in the office who may know is at lunch. NBC I believe is responsible for the content along with Panasonic, so you may want to start with NBC.

The official name is astrovision, that may help in the search. If I can find out more, I'll edit this message.

From a trip I took in July last year, I noticed that if you go to the Times Square Tourist Information Centre you can get a picture taken (and I assume message as well) and it will be placed up on the electronic billboards outside (not sure if specifically the Jumbotron). It's free, but I don't know how long it is placed up there for, or how they give you a time, etc.

Might be worth contacting them and asking.

S.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
Yea. For a "friend". We all believe that. Sure.

auh2o - adding serious value with this post.
</font>

Thanks for the redeeming value of this post John. Seriously, they are visiting NYC the weekend of April 23rd. I can guarantee that being a princess and all I won't be doing the asking when it comes to marriage.
Will they let you put up:

"We love Osama " ????
The building (1 Times Square) is managed by Sherwood Equities, and the signs are managed by SE's subsidiary, Sherwood Outdoors. I'm sure they would have information on potential advertising oppportunities:

http://sherwoodoutdoor.com
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flamboyant 1:
Will they let you put up:

"We love Osama " ????
</font>

"The End is Neigh!"
http://www.nymarriottmarquis.com/name_in_lights_2003/

Not quite what you wanted, but close