Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Earn 10 extra Elite night credits; get 5 nights for each paid stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2024, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond

I got an email with subject "Just for You: Get Elevated Benefits Faster"

The text has:Exclusively for You, xxx
Earn 10 Bonus Elite Nights. Elevate Your Status Faster.

Registerą now to fast track your Marriott Bonvoy Elite status. Earn 5 bonus Elite nights after each of your next 2 stays˛ — for a total of 10 bonus Elite Night Credits. I clicked on the button "Register now" to get to a page that required my signing on, and it showed the following conditions. (I tried to register my wife, but no go):

--Earn up to 10 bonus Elite Night Credits after two eligible paid stays.
  • Register today.
  • Stay at any of our hotels and resorts worldwide participating in Marriott Bonvoy now through 08/31/2024.
  • Get five bonus Elite Night Credits after the first stay* and five additional bonus Elite Night Credits after the second stay. That’s in addition to the usual one Elite Night Credit you earn for each eligible night you stay with us.
*A “stay” is defined as one or more consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any Points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Book stays directly through Marriott Channels in order to participate in the Promotion.

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy® account is required. Registered members can earn five (5) Elite Night Credits after their first (1st) eligible paid stay and another five (5) Elite Night Credits after their second (2nd) eligible paid stay for a maximum of 10 Elite Night Credits during the promotion’s earning period (the “Promotion”). Earning period starts the same day after the member registers through the end of the month, plus an additional three (3) months (the “Earning Period”). Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within three to five (3–5) business days after the qualifying stays post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. Registered members electing to earn Miles are not eligible for this Promotion. A “stay” is defined as one or more consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any Points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Award redemption nights including Points redemption, Cash + Points, or Free Night Awards redemption are not eligible for the Promotion. Stays completed prior to Promotion registration are not eligible for this offer. Only one (1) room per property is counted toward a registered member’s stays. Credit toward this Promotion is given for stays consumed at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties that occur within the Earning Period. The Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott Executive Apartments®, and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for this Promotion. For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/ter...rtiesandbrands. Stays must be booked through direct Marriott Channels in order to participate in the Promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this Promotion. This Promotion is nontransferable and is valid for one-time use. This Promotion is subject to modification, cancellation, or limitation at Marriott’s discretion, with or without notice. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply, and are subject to change with or without notice. For more information, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi. This Promotion may be combined with other promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other. Promotion is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Marriott International, Inc., is not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Void where prohibited by law.
reggiekush, KRSW and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 14, 2024, 4:22 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
That’s really good! I’m wondering who I’ve annoyed at Bonvoy cos I don’t get targeted promos if I stay all the time and I don’t get any if I have a “dry spell” 😂
dw and yscleo like this.
Old May 14, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think I must be on some kind of Bonvoy blacklist as I've had nothing but lumps of coal since the integration in 2018.

With SPG I'd get a targeted promo every year without fail. Maybe they saw the comments I wrote on FT about how much I preferred the legacy SPG program to Bonvoy and put me in the "Do Not Target" list
Old May 14, 2024, 5:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Haven't received a targeted promo in 5 years, let's see how this year goes!
yscleo likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 6:16 am

No dice for P1 or P2
yscleo likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 6:46 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Marriott got me into staying with them starting late 2020 during the pandemic and thought 2021 I always had some sort of targeted promo, even though I was booked into an MB all months except 2 (needed lifetime Centara Plat) From 2022 SOL. 😪.

They got me good!
yscleo likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 7:23 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Lump of coal. Haven't had much luck with Marriott targetted promos the past few years.

--Jon
yscleo likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Hmm, so nobody else got this offer?

I did get some (probably targeted) offers before, like staying twice in Courtyards in Ontario during the first 2 months of the year, would get 2k points extra. We happened to be travelling in Asia and had booked some Marriott stays, so that stays in Ontario was useless.

This is the best offer I got so far, as I'm trying to get lifetime Plat by getting 3 more years of Plat. I'll be well over 50 nights this year and was thinking to shift some nights to my wife. This will allow me to shift more nights to my wife. The problem is changing some bookings to my wife's name may trigger higher price/points. But at least this offer is useful to me. Guess it's not too useful for anyone who's already Lifetime Plat and up (and they probably won't get offer like this)
Old May 14, 2024, 11:22 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by yscleo
Guess it's not too useful for anyone who's already Lifetime Plat and up (and they probably won't get offer like this)
As a Lifetime Titanium, it would still be useful to me. The extra nights would help for the 50 and 75 night annual choice benefits. I am having a lighter travel year so far and it will be a stretch for me to hit the required nights (especially 75) for the annual choice benefit this year.

--Jon
yscleo likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Why? This just puts huge pressure on hotels with lounges. Lounges that are at bursting and full of Platinum members who barely stay at a Marriott. Usually the most entitled who complain they can’t get a seat and the food isn’t good enough, but they’ll hang around for hours.
Old May 14, 2024, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
All I get is worthless promos like today one for sweepstakes for Taylor Swift tickets...
yscleo and econ like this.
Old May 14, 2024, 1:33 pm

No dice for me as well on this one. 10 nights for 2 stays would be a nice mattress run though.
yscleo likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo

I did get some (probably targeted) offers before, like staying twice in Courtyards in Ontario during the first 2 months of the year, would get 2k points extra. We happened to be travelling in Asia and had booked some Marriott stays, so that stays in Ontario was useless.

This is the best offer I got so far, as I'm trying to get lifetime Plat by getting 3 more years of Plat. I'll be well over 50 nights this year and was thinking to shift some nights to my wife. This will allow me to shift more nights to my wife. The problem is changing some bookings to my wife's name may trigger higher price/points. But at least this offer is useful to me. Guess it's not too useful for anyone who's already Lifetime Plat and up (and they probably won't get offer like this)
I didn't get it, but am in a similar situation. Getting to 600 nights will be fairly easy. But 20+ years of Gold or better (I'm LTG), and just 5 years of Plat or better. I'd head out tomorrow night for 2 nights to get this and make Titanium this year!

I'm not in the US, so don't get Plat by CC. I assume stuartpig was talking about US members.
yscleo and SPN Lifer like this.

Last edited by painintheuk; May 14, 2024 at 7:24 pm
Old May 14, 2024, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zebranz (Post # 11)
All I get is worthless promos like today one for sweepstakes for Taylor Swift tickets...
At least you did not get excluded from that sweepstakes like I did, because you reside in a U.S. territory.

Originally Posted by painintheuk (Post #13)
I didn't get it, but am in a similar situation. Getting to 600 nights will be fairly easy. But 20+ years of Gold or better (I'm LTG), and just 5 years of Plat or better. I'd head out tomorrow night for 2 nights to get this and make Titanium this year!
I have added your name to the FlyerTalk Marriott BONV°Y lifetime roll call Wiki, as a lifetime Gold (LTG) Elite.

The FT Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Status Roll Call & Hall of Fame
painintheuk, Jiatong, KRSW and 1 others like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
The most recent promo for me was the Bonus 1K points and Bonus 1 Elite night for each paid stayed. Got 18K points and 18 elite nights. Great promo!
yscleo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.