Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New delta stays(expedia) MQD by JUNE 24th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2024, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond DL

It seems it was published today
Old May 13, 2024, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Be prepared that you will receive no benefits/points etc from the hotel if you have status with their program... and likely pay more through the DL/expedia portal than booking direct.
theorbo, Spiff, lindros2 and 3 others like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
Be prepared that you will receive no benefits/points etc from the hotel if you have status with their program... and likely pay more through the DL/expedia portal than booking direct.
i did almost 50 stays (today i have another one, tomorrow again, friday again...) with the promotion which ended 4th march
I always compare with booking .com . Until now i did'nt see much difference in price.
i had stays in barcelona, cdmx. tulum, cancun, italy, bogota, tijuana, gru, etc etc
Remember to always be LOGGED and use your phone (or put your google chrome in MOBILE) to see the real price
Many times, after you are logged, you see a 20% discount , or a mobile only discount
To be honest, but don't tell to DELTA, i'd pay up to 10% more to receive the MQD
But until now, i don't think i have payed more than 3-4% more, and in some case it was even cheaper on delta stays !
So my experience until now it's 100% excellent
Stay completed saturday in tulum, received monday the MQD and miles as all the others prepaid stays i did (MQD posted within 48hours)
DrMilano likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
I received on property elite benefits after calling Marriott with my reservation information and asking them to add my Bonvoy number. But no points or nights credit as expected.
AntimonyER likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:05 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by itamex
It seems it was published today
That was quick. I expected the next promo to come in the fall post summer demand.
itamex likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:06 am
Original Poster

for the people who says the price are HIGHER

just reserving now IBIS in sao paulo
same room, not refudable, two person, same date
On expedia.IT APP it is 85 euro (91us$)
On Booking APP it is 79 US$
On delta stays website it is 79$

So check different options and choose the best one for YOU
but don't tell delta expedia is HIGHER because that's not true. In the case i showed you, it's cheaper then normal expedia
if you need i have the screenshots
DrMilano likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
That was quick. I expected the next promo to come in the fall post summer demand.
i am cancelling the booking i had for june and august made on expedia and booking, and doing again on delta-expedia
Me too wasn't expecting the promo until september
Old May 13, 2024, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's the difference between Hilton Honors rate and Expedia/Delta rate for upcoming trip to KC for 3 nights. In addition to charging the slightly higher $152/night non HHonors rate, the Delta Stays rate seems to have an additional $6 charge (commission?). Total difference for 3 nights is $16.73.

Delta Stays rate -

Old May 13, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I got fooled once on the price because Expedia quoted a price not including taxes & fees, and DL Stays (using the Expedia booking engine) quoted a price including taxes and fees. Or maybe it was the other way around. At any rate, make sure you're comparing apples-to-apples.
SUPERTRAVEL and Firstboss like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Looks like it's good for car rentals too. You still get full Hertz benefits from booking through the DL/Expedia portal and I've found prices to be competitive, especially when you consider the RDM bonus from having DL status (and the fact that Hertz points are increasingly useless).
Spiff and Crossinator like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by itamex
for the people who says the price are HIGHER

just reserving now IBIS in sao paulo
same room, not refudable, two person, same date
On expedia.IT APP it is 85 euro (91us$)
On Booking APP it is 79 US$
On delta stays website it is 79$

So check different options and choose the best one for YOU
but don't tell delta expedia is HIGHER because that's not true. In the case i showed you, it's cheaper then normal expedia
if you need i have the screenshots
What about booking direct? That is the real question, not which OTA is cheaper.
Air Houston likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by safigan
I got fooled once on the price because Expedia quoted a price not including taxes & fees, and DL Stays (using the Expedia booking engine) quoted a price including taxes and fees. Or maybe it was the other way around. At any rate, make sure you're comparing apples-to-apples.
They both seem to show rate exclusive of taxes in Map view, but once you select a room, DL Stays shows total per night including taxes, while Expedia leaves out the taxes in nightly rate.

Expedia (no taxes)

Delta Stays (includes taxes -- same $543 total price).

itamex likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
What about booking direct? That is the real question, not which OTA is cheaper.
i NEVER book directly because i don't want to waste my time creating accounts on too many sites
I have all in booking and expedia, with my CC saved, with all the price 100% clear, with ONE customer service to deal with, with cancellation done and refunded in 24-48h, instead of dealing with many hoteles around the wordl
Anyway i went on the IBIS web page
the price is the SAME, but if you are IBIS member you get a 5% discount
i post you the same date same room same hotel with IBIS (with member discounted) and DELTA expedia

Old May 13, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by skislc
Looks like it's good for car rentals too. You still get full Hertz benefits from booking through the DL/Expedia portal and I've found prices to be competitive, especially when you consider the RDM bonus from having DL status (and the fact that Hertz points are increasingly useless).
Amazing. Have a busy summer with travel (and expensive car rentals) and very happy I can credit that towards MQD's.
Old May 13, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Although with the combo of past Delta Stays MQD, flying, and MQM conversion I don't need more MQD this year, I'm very happy to see this promo return. I hope it bodes well for this promo being something recurring into 2025 and beyond, as I'm unlikely to be able to maintain Platinum otherwise.

I generally prefer staying in independent hotels, and those have been available via Delta Stays, so I'm not losing loyalty benefits/nights by booking this way. And for these hotels the price has been very similar to booking direct. I'd prefer to avoid an online travel agency - it just adds a middleman that could make it harder to solve a problem if one occurs, but the MQD benefit is worth the risk.

(As a side note, all my stays have posted perfectly: the prepaid ones the day after check-out, usually later in the day, and the one non-prepaid 5 weeks later. I was very happy to get that one as the T&C made me think there wouldn't be a credit, although others here have posted no issues as well.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.