Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL - AKL-United States - 1780 NZD / $1071 r/t - $535 o/w - Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

While everybody was clamoring over United's business fare from Auckland, Delta Air Lines had been filing new fares to the USA from Auckland in Premium Economy. I chose to post the United deal because it was a bigger discount and better deal, so now I'll post the updated premium economy fares.

The international segment from AKL to LAX are operated by an A350 with real premium economy (aka Premium Select) and the domestic segments are "premium economy" (aka Comfort+).

Delta has discounted premium economy to nearly every airline hub city in the United States (including AA and UA's hubs). Tickets must be issued by May 17, 2024 (just like the United deal). Depart during the date periods listed below and before July 31, 2024. Minimum stay is 24 hours. A stopover in SYD/LAX is free and another is 100 NZD.

Like the United deal, this is technically two one-way fares, but it doesn't work in the reverse, USA to AKL.

Category 3: Seasonal restrictions

PERMITTED 07MAY THROUGH 23JUN OR 17JUL THROUGH 07DEC OR
20JAN THROUGH 26MAR ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
Google Flights - Screenshots
AKL-JFK
Spoiler

AKL-LAX
Spoiler

AKL-MIA
Spoiler

ITA Matrix
Spoiler

AKL-LAX-JFK-LAX-AKL
17962 Miles | $1259 USD Roundtrip
7.0092 cents USD per Mile Flown

Crediting to Air France / KLM Flying Blue
52 XP (Cost per XP - $20.60 USD which is terrible, so don't fly this just for the XP)

Crediting to Virgin Atlantic
120 Tier Points (Cost per TP - $8.925 USD which is also terrible)

Routing Rules
Spoiler

Full Fare Rules
Spoiler

waley, Coathanger and mlbcard like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

This also works to Canada. For example, AKL-YUL is $1560 USD roundtrip - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...rUS2rqjrGPVTr7

Two warnings -

1. After looking at a few more flights on Google Flights, shady Delta isn't always selling the domestic segments as Comfort+. At times they book into Economy (V fare code).
Example - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...Mo2z86gxbXVbQA

Spoiler

2. Don't credit these flights to Aeromexico! They won't give you any miles for flights booked into the G fare code, which is what the AKL-LAX flights book into!
https://www.aeromexicorewards.com/us...america/delta/

Spoiler

Fed3x likes this.

Last edited by cruser1; May 9, 2024 at 10:02 pm
Old May 9, 2024, 9:56 pm

Also warning that Delta has downgraded the service on Premium Select, the only thing different from economy is the seat. Same food as economy, and I'm not sure if you get one of those "premium" amenity kits or not.
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by niji248
Also warning that Delta has downgraded the service on Premium Select, the only thing different from economy is the seat. Same food as economy, and I'm not sure if you get one of those "premium" amenity kits or not.
This is no longer accurate, as discussed in the Delta forum.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2148960-delta-international-service-change-2.html

Last edited by Adam1222; May 10, 2024 at 5:53 pm
Old May 10, 2024, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Way too far for even Y+ (and let’s not kid ourselves, it ain’t Emirates).

But heck, if I needed to leave NZ quickly (I’ve had this happen to me, don’t ask) this would be a decent option, although at that point you’re better off using miles anyway (again, not DL and their trillion medallion points for a o/w Down-Under).

I’d stick to Polaris if I could get it.
Old May 12, 2024, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Nothing into the southern spring/early summer sadly or wouldve booked a speculative one way.
Old May 12, 2024, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Works in reverse too LAX to AKL for $1400ish USD. Various dates in June for a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.