Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancellation DOH-LHR 26th May

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Flight cancellation DOH-LHR 26th May

Hi all, looking for some advice. I'm booked on an avios booking in J as follows:
25th May SYD - DOH QR909
26th May DOH - LHR BA122
26th May LHR - EDI BA1454
All a BA booking.
BA122 has now been cancelled, and I'm now being offered to either rebook the DOH to LHR leg on BA126 on 27th May, OR they'll fly me SYD to LHR on BA16. I don't want the latter option, and the former option gets me in to Edinburgh the next day, not ideal.
I requested a Qatar flight either to LHR or direct to EDI from DOH, which is the best option for me, but I've been told they won't put me on these as there's no avios availability and they won't give me a seat under normal availability. Can anyone advise if HUACA might work for this option?

Last edited by Fife_Flyer; May 9, 2024 at 5:41 pm
Old May 9, 2024, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Given this is an award booking, I don't think that you will get the other option
It has clearly met its obligations under EC261 to get you to your destination with minimal delay by offering the BA service straight to London
m8_rotate and JPG3392 like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
As it's not on-the-day disruption and it's BA segment that is being disrupted there's not much you can do to ask BA to force QR to open a seat. Also SYD-EDI is not covered in the BA/QR JV rebook agreement so options are further restricted.

If your sole objective is to get back to EDI on 26 May and willing to take further transits, you may try to search for DOH-LON alone to see if there's anything comparable and ask the agent to see if they can rebook onto those. Note this will also require agent's goodwill to move the LHR-EDI segment to later with commercial seats as LHR-EDI is pretty full that day with no Avios seats left.

Alternatively, request them to put you in BA16 one day early to keep the arrival day unchanged.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:24 pm

No reason to ask for a day early departure. BA16 departs Sydney a few hours ahead of QR909 so will arrive into London several hours earlier than BA122 would.
BA122 arrives at 12:45 whilst BA16 arrives at 05:25

Will be arriving 7 hours earlier into London by taking the BA16 on same day. If anything, would be asking for an earlier flight to Edinburgh
Old May 9, 2024, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both.
BA16 has been offered, though the earlier time causes us a few problems. Also our daughter is flying on QR909 so more reason to try and stay on that.
We have now been offered the BA flight at 01.20 from DOH on the 27th May, arrives 6.50am at LHR, but the further issue is that a connection to Edinburgh is not being offered until 18.50 - a 12 hour layover! The reason given was lack of Avios availability - I would have thought revenue seats would be offered due to the cancellation.
Old May 9, 2024, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I think they should be able to book you another EDI flight connecting from the BA flight on the 27th regardless of avios availability.
The standard customer guidelines are here:
​​​​​​https://www.britishairways.com/trave...llations#BA-IB
Old May 10, 2024, 12:55 am

HUACA and you should have no problem getting on any BA metal that suits you regardless of Avios availability
Old May 10, 2024, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sammyg901
HUACA and you should have no problem getting on any BA metal that suits you regardless of Avios availability
I took from the OP that this is pretty much what had been offered? Just not rebooking on QR.
Old May 10, 2024, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I took from the OP that this is pretty much what had been offered? Just not rebooking on QR.
They are only being offered a very long EDI connection. So still not quite right. They should either be able to get on another BA DOH-LHR-EDI flight or SYD-SIN-LHR-EDI without needing Avios availability (or QR if there was any)
bisonrav and KARFA like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The availability of reward seats on BA is irrelevant at this point, they're obliged to get you to your destination under similar conditions.

A QR rebooking is unlikely since there are good BA options. I must admit I'd take BA16, not sure if it's CS but on the 789 I think which is a nice ride and you get a break in the flight slightly earlier. But they should sort out your final flight too, definitely a HUACA.
KARFA and mnhusker like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
They are only being offered a very long EDI connection. So still not quite right. They should either be able to get on another BA DOH-LHR-EDI flight or SYD-SIN-LHR-EDI without needing Avios availability (or QR if there was any)
They were being offered a direct flight to London on BA16 SYD-LHR without needing award availability - getting changed to a decent connection to Edinburgh should be doable
Old May 10, 2024, 3:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, that's pure HUACA - it's fully in policy to rebook on the direct SYD-LHR and then on the first available LHR-EDI - and that includes revenue seats.
mnhusker and sammyg901 like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that's pure HUACA - it's fully in policy to rebook on the direct SYD-LHR and then on the first available LHR-EDI - and that includes revenue seats.
Thanks CWS (and all others), a call earlier got me booked on the first available LHR to EDI connection, no fuss at all.
Now I have a day to kill in Doha, flying out at 01.20 on the BA126, suggestions for an unplanned visit would be welcome!!
Old May 10, 2024, 11:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Some ideas in this thread in the middle east destination forum. I appreciate you have one day rather thsn 4 so may not be able to do everything suggested

Doha 4 day stopover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.