Search

Special meals on BA flights to London

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Special meals on BA flights to London

Please move to the appropriate thread if necessary:
Does BA load meals BACK to LHR when they leave London ?
example. YYZ to LHR : are those meals pre loaded on the westbound flight that turns around back to LHR a few hours later or are they catered IN Toronto
same question for special meals Flying in CW if that matters
Many Thanks
Old May 5, 2024, 5:46 pm

All produced and loaded in YYZ. Unless there have been BIG changes since I left.
Old May 5, 2024, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Thank you
Is the dinner menu out from Toronto different than the in bound to Toronto from LHR then ?
or is the same menu used and different catering companies produce it ….
It looks like the menus are the same from London as “to” London or am I missing something
The reason I ask is the May dinner / lunch mains in CW are pork, spiced cod or pasta. Unusual there is no Beef or Chicken and we don’t eat Pork.
Old May 6, 2024, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The menus are different each direction and produced locally.
SxMan and aircrashsurvivor like this.
Old May 6, 2024, 2:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They also change monthly, though in the YYZ to LHR direction it's sometimes only one item that changes. YUL-LHR meals are different to YYZ-LHR. Meals from LHR to longhaul destinations change monthly but that is a central process. There are only a few places where return meals originate from London. Tehran was one, and currently I think it's just Nassau -> Providenciales -> LHR.
Old May 6, 2024, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They also change monthly, though in the YYZ to LHR direction it's sometimes only one item that changes. YUL-LHR meals are different to YYZ-LHR. Meals from LHR to longhaul destinations change monthly but that is a central process. There are only a few places where return meals originate from London. Tehran was one, and currently I think it's just Nassau -> Providenciales -> LHR.
Aren't some of the African destinations return catered from LHR?
Old May 6, 2024, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I believe Lagos still is but there maybe others.
Old May 6, 2024, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Spml loading is exactly the same as regular meal loading. So on flights that are return-catered (essentially all of Europe) spml will be return catered too with a few limits to night stops (eg no ksml). On flights that are locally catered (essentially rest of the world) the spml are locally catered too with any limits based on what the local supplier contracted by ba does/does not offer.

for that reason also worth remembering locally catered spml can vary a lot in quality - existing threads have shown the occasional « banana catering » in the most extreme cases. Of course that won’t be the case from yyz though which will be well supplied.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Many thanks to all for the clarification
So…. Would anyone have the current YYZ to LHR
menu for CW. I’m assuming based on the answers it’s NOT the same as the LHR to YYZ menu ….
Old May 6, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Crubber
Aren't some of the African destinations return catered from LHR?
I think they're all locally catered now. Certainly ABV was locally catered when I was there recently.
Old May 6, 2024, 1:57 pm

This doesn't answer your question re. the May menu, but here is one from April (from another flyertalk thread):. No sign of pork.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36164183-post550.html
aircrashsurvivor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.