Wiki Posts
Search

BA disembarking at CDG

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 9:39 am
Original Poster

BA disembarking at CDG

Hi guys,

I've got a very tight connection at CDG tomorrow morning where every minute counts. However, I'd still like to be in the exit row if possible. Only exit row seats available are the back ones, row 26 and 27 out of 37 rows.

Due to the tightness im wondering if BA at CDG use a jet bridge (front door only) or do they use stairs (presumably front and back doors). Difference being ill either take a standard seat closer to the front or I could take an exit seat near the back and get off in the same time.

Thanks for any advice
Old May 5, 2024, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL
Front door. Where are you connecting to? Is it a separate booking? Immigration at CDG can be (how do I put this diplomatically?) excruciatingly slow.
Old May 5, 2024, 9:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Normally front only airbridge in my experience.

It's only a very short flight, so if this is the time when you trade off knee space for being nearer the front, this is the occasion. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to empty an A321, but at the time, with the pressure on, it usually feels a long time. You could of course ask the crew to move nearer the front just for landing, but you are depending on suitable spare seats for that.
Old May 5, 2024, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Front row (of economy) it is.

Cheers👍
Old May 5, 2024, 9:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jzlerner
Front row (of economy) it is.

Cheers👍
But be careful of curtain roulette - 2 rows back may be better, may get the Theoretical Seating block and only adds a few seconds.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
There's a very efficient airside transfer route on a bus and you don't need security or passport control if I recall correctly if you're heading to non Schengen.
Old May 5, 2024, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Don’t think there will be any curtain moving tomorrow on the first two flights.
Old May 5, 2024, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
OP doesn't mention if it is a connection or self-transfer nor with which airline.

I confirm jetbridge and front door is the norm, but one thing to note is that the terminal is done in such a way that if boarding is in progress at a gate between the deboarding BA gate and exit, sometimes, you'll be blocked for several minutes in the disembarkation corridor as a result because paths would cross otherwise. In my view, this and a few other things don't make CDG too great a place for connections (let alone transfers/self transfers) where "every minute counts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.