Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bizarre seat reshuffle

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Bizarre seat reshuffle

I'm on AA 509 (AUS-DFW) tomorrow afternoon. I just went to look at my seat assignment (still in Y) and saw I was now in a middle seat. All the seats seem to have been redone in the last couple of hours, with all seats filled starting from the front. Here's what it looks like now. I assume there was some kind of equipment change, but it was an A320 and is still an A320.

Looks like something similar happened to the F cabin. Never saw anything like this before. Can't imagine the mess at the gate tomorrow.

Old Apr 23, 2024, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Well I am flying tomorrow from PHX-JFK on a 772 and was in a PE Seat (Sold as Y) and got moved to a MIDDLE SEAT IN THE BACK OF THE PLANE.

Livid is an understatement
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Flying ORD-DFW Thursday and I just panic-checked my seat to ensure it's still an exit row window. Please update us if you hear the reason for this madness.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Originally Posted by roder
Well I am flying tomorrow from PHX-JFK on a 772 and was in a PE Seat (Sold as Y) and got moved to a MIDDLE SEAT IN THE BACK OF THE PLANE.

Livid is an understatement
No way. I wouldn't do it. Not that far, not that much of a change. A new flight, or an upgrade to J. Please update. That's horrid!
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:22 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I got bumped out of an exit row window into a middle seat sans any legroom on my 319 flight tomorrow, pretty livid as well.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Probably someone in IT with a severe case of OCD, just couldn't stand looking at all those seat maps with people scattered everywhere hope you all get back to your chosen seats!
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by S80
I got bumped out of an exit row window into a middle seat sans any legroom on my 319 flight tomorrow, pretty livid as well.
You think that's bad, I once got bumped out of MCE bulkhead seat to a back of the plane middle seat on a HKG-DFW flight.

Of course there was no recourse and I just had to (literally) suffer through it for 17.5 hours.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
<Mad dash to check seat assignments on all upcoming reservations>
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by roadtriper
Probably someone in IT with a severe case of OCD, just couldn't stand looking at all those seat maps with people scattered everywhere hope you all get back to your chosen seats!
It's important to periodically defrag the plane for better performance
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:31 am
S80

Originally Posted by Phasers
You think that's bad, I once got bumped out of MCE bulkhead seat to a back of the plane middle seat on a HKG-DFW flight.

Of course there was no recourse and I just had to (literally) suffer through it for 17.5 hours.
I've been there as well.
What I'm specifically mad about is no email or notification regarding said change.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:14 am

Can a 320 even fly with the passengers distributed like in the OP, due to weight and balance issues? A typical regional jet sure couldn't.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:44 am
S80

Originally Posted by saunders111
Can a 320 even fly with the passengers distributed like in the OP, due to weight and balance issues? A typical regional jet sure couldn't.
I believe so, I've had people moved forward from regular to preferred seats on a 319 before.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
I'm on 1417 from MYR-CLT tonight and had the same thing happened. Lightish load on that flight to begin with and they had everyone moved forward similar to the OP. I also wondered about W&B with everyone forward of the exit row on an A319 going a short distance.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:31 am
S80

Originally Posted by dlnewbie
I'm on 1417 from MYR-CLT tonight and had the same thing happened. Lightish load on that flight to begin with and they had everyone moved forward similar to the OP. I also wondered about W&B with everyone forward of the exit row on an A319 going a short distance.
I believe the W/B is more of an issue when it's aft than when it's forward. And also the whole tail stand thing (Alaska really takes it seriously, won't start deplaning until it's in place on some aircraft)
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Back to normal?

EF and AA both show a more normal distribution right now on AA509. ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.