Search

Move through tiers in 1 year?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Arrow Move through tiers in 1 year?

Hi all,

Due to a new job which allows me to travel I've joined BAEC and started collecting tier points.

I've just reached 310 points and moved in to Bronze as of last Monday.

My membership year ends 8 Nov 2017 which I guess means I'm bronze until 8 Nov 2018.

I'm due to fly to DEL in 1st/A on 23 Oct and in total I'm getting 300 points before 2 Nov 2017...does this mean (310+300 = 610) I automatically move in to silver, or do I have to ride bronze out for a year first (which would be a shame!).

Thanks!

Last edited by TPRun; Sep 24, 2017 at 9:02 am
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

You’ll trigger Silver within a day or two of your DEL flights posting, so you will enjoy your Silver benefits though to the end of your current membership year plus the full year that follows. This of course is on the assumption you have accumulated at least 4 eligible flights by the time you pass the 600 tier point barrier.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TPRun
Hi all,

Due to a new job which allows me to travel I've joined BAEC and started collecting tier points.

I've just reached 310 points and moved in to Bronze as of last Monday.

My membership year ends 8 Nov 2017 which I guess means I'm bronze until 8 Nov 2018.

I'm due to fly to DEL in 1st/A on 23 Oct and in total I'm getting 300 points before 2 Nov 2017...does this mean (310+300 = 600) I automatically move in to silver, or do I have to ride bronze out for a year first (which would be a shame!).

Thanks!
Hi,

You will move to silver ( as long as you have 4 qualifying flights on BA which looks like you do.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

You will move to silver ( as long as you have 4 qualifying flights on BA which looks like you do.

Regards

TBS
Thanks for the fast reply - and the good news!

that gives me 1 year to stay in silver and try and reach Gold I suppose
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Youll trigger Silver within a day or two of your DEL flights posting, so you will enjoy your Silver benefits though to the end of your current membership year plus the full year that follows. This of course is on the assumption you have accumulated at least 4 eligible flights by the time you pass the 600 tier point barrier.
Thanks....4 new flights since entering bronze of 4 flights in the year (so that can take in to consideration the 20 flights I did in blue?)
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Have a read of this excellent wiki and enjoy silver for over a year, next step Gold

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...7-edition.html
TPRun likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TPRun
Thanks....4 new flights since entering bronze of 4 flights in the year (so that can take in to consideration the 20 flights I did in blue?)
Hi,

4 flights in your current membership year ( so that will include any qualifying flights made whilst having Blue status)

Regards

TBS
TPRun likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Amazing, thanks everyone.

happy sunday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.