Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do MQMs and MQDs Post Only After the Return Trip is Completed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

If I fly to Europe today with a return ticket for February 2018, will I get the first half of my MQMs and MQDs right after the initial flight or will I have to wait until February to get the outgoing segment's MQMs / MQDs?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
If I fly to Europe today with a return ticket for February 2018, will I get the first half of my MQMs and MQDs right after the initial flight or will I have to wait until February to get the outgoing segment's MQMs / MQDs?
My miles have always posted within a day or two of travel, regardless of the return trip.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You earn the miles etc. after each flight, sometimes with the first segment posting before the next connecting flight does. However, the way DL lists the flights now emphasized the RT ticket and you eventually see the total for the entire ticket.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by scottsinct
My miles have always posted within a day or two of travel, regardless of the return trip.
Recently I have had some post same day even.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I recently flew a ticket on a Delta codeshare "006" ticket that did not involve Delta metal: eastbound, IAD-AMS-KRK on KLM; westbound, WAW-CDG-IAD, on AF. In both cases, my miles and MQMs posted within 72 hours.

I've been on Delta lately where some of my trips have posted within 4 hours of BP scanning at the departure airport; I can't remember the last time Delta miles and MQMs didn't post within 24 hours.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Note when the miles post in 2018, for a brief bit the other flights from 2017 may go to a pending status. This is due to calculations being done to make sure $ is correctly applied. Usually 24hrs later they go back to what thru were.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had a lot of MQMs post today for today's flight. By the time I got through customs etc. and to the lounge, they were in my account. It's possible that the miles even posted before the flight landed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.