Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR AdmittanceI squeezed it out of my wallet having first of all taken out my Islongt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR AdmittanceI squeezed it out of my wallet having first of all taken out my Islongt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion

I had a slightly embarrassing incident at the entrance to the CCR today (I am there now if anyone wants to say hello). I just handed over my boarding pass (I am off to Dublin). I The first card I squeezed out of my wallet was my Islington Libraries card...

I didn't think I needed to produce the actual CCR card because the last two times Ihave been there on short haul they have apparently been able to tell from my boarding pass whether or not I have entitlement. the lounge people, very politely, said that this was categorically not the case - the system does not tell them whether someone has a CCR card or not.

I am absolutely positive I did not have to produce it before. This is a hugely first world problem, but I would be somewhat surprised if this were true. is it? And is c-w-s in his usual abode at LHR?

(sorry about the title - my fingers slipped on my iPad).
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It is true. Currently their system does not have that information. This will change in the near future.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is true. Currently their system does not have that information. This will change in the near future.
Thank you. I suppose the lounge people previously must have a taken my word as to enitlement....
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: GGL
I can't remember the last time I had to dig it out, could they be inferring access from something like civ score?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Mixbury
I can't remember the last time I had to dig it out, could they be inferring access from something like civ score?
They can interrogate their system to get CIV, but CIV alone will not confirm you as a CCR Cardholder, GGLs currently have the same 97 CIV as CCR Cardholders.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by hsmall
I didn't think I needed to produce the actual CCR card because the last two times Ihave been there on short haul they have apparently been able to tell from my boarding pass whether or not I have entitlement.
Nope, if they let you in without checking your card, you were just very very lucky unless you were connecting to/from F flights: as Tobias-UK mentioned, this is not information shown when merely scanning (let alone taking a look at) the BP, so best show your physical card every time unless you are flying F.

However, if you forget it, both LHR CCR and JFK CCR have a physical list of all CCR card holders so they can actually check on that. It's a basic printout. Note that CCR dining rooms and bars (IAD, SIN, etc) do not have the same list.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They can interrogate their system to get CIV, but CIV alone will not confirm you as a CCR Cardholder, GGLs currently have the same 97 CIV as CCR Cardholders.
Int'restin' - I assumed they had some way to tell. Don't suppose I use it that often, so not statistically significant.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't think there is a way to tell from the bp or from FLY but it does seem if you have a honest face they don't ask. When I came in earlier she took my bp (not F) but didn't actually ask to see a card.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Maybe it's a case of remembering the regulars and not asking them to dig out their card each time.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They can tell if you are GGL (as opposed to CCR) from your FLY profile, but I'm very surprised it hasn't happened before, to be honest. They can look you up in the book of course. If your boarding pass has 1A on it they may wave you through, even if it's actually on an A319.... Some staff have good memories however, and with the new Premium Team it's possible that the regulars will be clocked accordingly.

I've occasionally presented my Tesco card, seems to work fine.
Toonfan, LCSinTexas and yb90 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My wallet contains a Banco Galicia card, Banco Provincia card, Banco Patagonia card as well as my Argentine ID card.

No CCR but they all trump your Islington Library card.
hsmall likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Does CCR card not appear on the BA app on the phone?
Does the BA app just show Gold card status for CCR cardholder.

I've never passed Gold so I would not know.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Does CCR card not appear on the BA app on the phone?
Does the BA app just show Gold card status for CCR cardholder.

I've never passed Gold so I would not know.
No it doesn't. There is nothing on the app to show CCR card holder - unless you start pointing at the TP total.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
No it doesn't. There is nothing on the app to show CCR card holder - unless you start pointing at the TP total.
Don't think my 210 would cut it.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Have they stopped accepting Library cards? Disgraceful. I don't understand - I thought that anyone with a First Boarding Card could get into the CCR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.