Wiki Posts
Search

AA tier points not posting

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
AA tier points not posting

I flew a return on AA last Saturday the 12th (5 days ago). The tier/avios points haven't yet posted. I know my BA number was in there because I used it for admiral's club access.

How long should I give it before I contact someone? Who do I contact, AA or BA?

I'm worried because I need these flights during my two week extension period for status renewal (year end Aug 8th). Will I have issues if my points post after the two week end date (21st)? BA told me to call them back after the points post to apply the two week extension.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:59 pm

I was on a lengthy trip over the last few weeks with AA myself...

BWI-CLT-LAX-OGG-HNL-PHX-LAS-CLT-BWI

The tier points/ avios for all legs up to LAX-OGG have all been posted to my BA account and were done so within a few days of each flight. The OGG-HNL was with Hawaiian Airways so will need manual chasing.

On 11th Aug I fly HNL-PHX-LAS and that has yet to be credited to my BA account as well. So it isn't just you who is waiting for AA flights from last week.

I plan to manually claim them in a day or two if they haven't automatically posted using the 'where's my avios' link on ba.com

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA.com says wait 7 days before claiming for partner airline flights.

Our current trip with AA, 10/11 Aug, had the DUB-CLT and CLT-LAX legs on the 10th post in a day or two. Still waiting for the LAX-OGG leg flown on the 11th ... perhaps AA had an IT glitch that day, tamalien?

All on one AA 001- ticket, with AA Recond Locator, FWIW. I will give it another couple of days before reminding them!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tamalien
The OGG-HNL was with Hawaiian Airways so will need manual chasing.
Hawaiian Airways flights will not earn anything even if on an AA code.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Same here. Flights on the 11th yet to post but the flights on the 14th appeared two days later like normal. More than enough data points for a firm FT conspiracy theory.

7 days is the period to wait. When they do post they will have the correct date for the flights flown so hopefully should not impact the extension.

Edit: AA marketed and operated on 001 stock in my case so definitely eligible. The flight on the 14th was AA operated, BA marketed, 125
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Four AA legs in May posted within 1 or 2 days, but my AA flights last week on 10/11th still haven't posted so seems a current trend. I'll wait another few days before filling in the BA online form.

Tweeting to BA seems a quick way to get a response, anecdotally from other posts. There was also mention of FT user bamissingavios.

Others should be along to comment on your year end question, but this thread is on topic - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1792054-near-year-end-how-quickly-do-aa-sourced-tier-points-arrive-baec-account.html
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, it sounds like I should give it a few more days.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
My AA flights from the 10th and 11th (AM) have not posted but an AA flight on 11th PM has posted, although this was on a different booking reference.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: Costa Coffee
Same here. The outbound leg from a DUB-LIH tier point holiday posted within 24 hours. The return flights HNL-DUB from the 11th and 12th are still missing.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Amygdala28
Same here. The outbound leg from a DUB-LIH tier point holiday posted within 24 hours. The return flights HNL-DUB from the 11th and 12th are still missing.
We may have been on the same flights. I flew on the late Thursday night flight from HNL to LAX and then onto CLT.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:37 am

Reassured others have not had their points posted from 10/11 Aug on AA last week.

My entire itinerary was on one AA PNR. None of my flights have posted to BA since 10 Aug. I had 2 segments on 10/11 Aug and 2 segments on 14 Aug. Everything on AA metal up to then posted within 48 hours.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:49 am

Yeah my outbound MAN-PHL-MSP on the 1st posted on the 3rd, but the return via same route on the 12th not yet posted.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Snap. Something is up with AA.

I did 8 flights (6 with AA, 2 with BA) on one AA booking code and only the BA ones have credited. Still waiting for the AA ones to credit. Looks like a possible technical SNAFU
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What sometimes seems to happen is that AA switch off the pipe to BAEC at weekends (which I note seems to be in the dates concerned) while they do work on their IT infrastructure. What then typically happens is that the TPs and Avios drip through a few weeks later. I can't recall any going completely missing but it does sometimes lead to the situation of points either taking 2-3 days or 2-3 weeks and nothing in between.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Costa Coffee
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
We may have been on the same flights. I flew on the late Thursday night flight from HNL to LAX and then onto CLT.
No, I've enjoyed another day on the beach and flew on Friday night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.