Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Do they offer more Economy Tango seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:47 am
Original Poster

I'm looking for a flight from YYZ to Orlanod this xmas and the Economy seats are all sold out. When I do a mock booking there looks to be 75% empty seats still available on the flight.

Do they ever open up more Economy seats?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
All economy seats are sold out or just Tango?

As for all of the "available" seats, presumably you're looking at the seat map? That's not a reliable source because a lot of people don't pre-select their seats.

If you post the exact flight(s) you're looking at, I'm sure someone here will be happy to look up the loads for you on ExpertFlyer.

It's possible that AC could put more Tango seats on sale at a later date, but since Christmas is such a busy travel period, I wouldn't hold my breath.​​​​​​
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by xcell
Are you looking for any economy seat, or as per your thread title, are you looking specifically for a Tango (lowest economy) seat?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:14 am

If more Tango fares are loaded, they won't necessarily be cheaper than current round of Flex fares.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tracon
If more Tango fares are loaded, they won't necessarily be cheaper than current round of Flex fares.
This is a very important point.

I recently bought a Flex fare that was cheaper than the lowest Tango fare.

So even on a given date, Tango isn't always cheapest.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
And just because one might see a Tango fare suddenly "free up", it does not necessarily mean that AC released it.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:20 am

I'm looking for a flight from YYZ to Orlanod this xmas and the Economy seats are all sold out. When I do a mock booking there looks to be 75% empty seats still available on the flight.

can you connect through Montréal?

UA has connections through Newark.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
And just because one might see a Tango fare suddenly "free up", it does not necessarily mean that AC released it.
Okay, this confused me. What would it mean, oh lowly one?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Okay, this confused me. What would it mean, oh lowly one?
It's possible for a flight to be K9, but there are no K fares published for the dates/duration/advance purchase/etc. you want.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

I'm specifically looking at any flights from YYZ to MCO, leaving Dec 22 anytime and returning Jan 1st... There was some flights (2 months ago) on Republic airlines/Air Wisconsin for $450 (1 stop over) but now it's $1000+ didnt know anything about the air lines so was hesitant to book...

Hoping for better prices than $800pp
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:13 pm

I'm specifically looking at any flights from YYZ to MCO, leaving Dec 22 anytime and returning Jan 1st... There was some flights (2 months ago) on Republic airlines/Air Wisconsin for $450 (1 stop over) but now it's $1000+ didnt know anything about the air lines so was hesitant to book...

JAX and TPA are both < 2 hours away by car. Perhaps check and see cost to those airports.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

Dec 22nd as the Friday is pretty much the most expensive day to travel, possibly short of thanksgiving (the US one).

That said, I put dates into Hopper and the direct comes out $858pp with a prediction to drop a bit. With a stop was $4 cheaper but I didn't verify that.

I tried the AC app and it spat out $830pp. Flex out (PR is only $235 more) Tango back.
Checked luggage etc... is more of course.

To me, at that time of year and that close to your $800 I'd consider going direct. I'd also buy OMW unless you are staying with friends or relations and have no huge need to depart or get back on time.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

How about flying out on thursday (late)...

I'm headin on a cruise -- cruise dates are 24th to the 31st.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
How about flying out on thursday (late)...

I'm headin on a cruise -- cruise dates are 24th to the 31st.
Ah a cruise. Theres at least one mega thread
on that here. Probably locked.

Given you are departing YYZ in December the earlier the better. and defo take OMW.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jc94
Ah a cruise. Theres at least one mega thread
on that here. Probably locked.

Given you are departing YYZ in December the earlier the better. and defo take OMW.
OMW = On My Way. It's a travel insurance type product that would be an Excellent idea at that time of year, given the need to be on time for the cruise.

I also agree that the earlier you arrive the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.