Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Credit where Credit is due [damaged baggage resolution]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver

I landed from the BA286 on Monday afternoon, after a lengthy wait our bags finally turned up and annoyingly mine had been damaged.
I know I should of gone to baggage services at the time but I just wanted to get home, I called the BA silver line yesterday morning and spoke to an amazingly helpful lady in Newcastle. I explained the situation and I was informed that BA would arrange for pick up of the bag first thing this morning and I would be contacted by their baggage provider to arrange pick up of my damaged bag for either replacement or it to be fixed.
I was contacted 2 hours or so later and they said they would be replacing my bag free of charge and they even offered me a choice of bag that I could have, so here I am sat with my brand new Samsonite bag.....

I know for one at times BA lets us all down, but this situation has left me very happy. I just wanted to share this, I know some will say that BA did what they should of done and to some extent I agree but the way it was handled was BA at its best.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
glad you had a good BA experience, OP - sounds like they were very on the ball

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jun 28, 2017 at 7:28 am Reason: Remove deleted quote posted in error
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:10 am

Great to hear a positive experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.