AM: AMS to HAV €160, to LIM €208 rtn a.i., plus other Central/South American cities

Subscribe
What makes you think it was an error fare?

Code:
SURCHARGES

THERE IS NO FUEL SURCHARGE PER DIRECTION PER ANY
   PASSENGER.
Seems pretty straightforward to me
Did you get cancellations?
Quote: Did you get cancellations?
Still good, only a message indicating that "There were problems retrieving the fare rules associated to your itinerary." Which makes sense, as the fare rules have been removed.
Quote: Still good, only a message indicating that "There were problems retrieving the fare rules associated to your itinerary." Which makes sense, as the fare rules have been removed.
Because a certain somebody called the OTA and airline!
Hey so,

This isn't the first AM error fare, they've also had the ICN one and I seem to recall one other.

Are they actually honoring these? I have no experience with them and errors, but has anyone gotten these and been burned? Honestly at THIS point with multiple examples, one could legitimately argue that they thought it was just a sale.
Quote: Hey so,

This isn't the first AM error fare, they've also had the ICN one and I seem to recall one other.

Are they actually honoring these? I have no experience with them and errors, but has anyone gotten these and been burned? Honestly at THIS point with multiple examples, one could legitimately argue that they thought it was just a sale.
tbh I think this was a half-error fare, with AM wanting to put AMS-MEX on sale by removing YR/YQ but forgetting to tag it back on for pax wanting to connect through to latin-america. Therefore I have good hopes of them not 86'ing the tickets.
Quote:
Code:
SURCHARGES

THERE IS NO FUEL SURCHARGE PER DIRECTION PER ANY
   PASSENGER.
Seems pretty straightforward to me
Quote: tbh I think this was a half-error fare, with AM wanting to put AMS-MEX on sale by removing YR/YQ but forgetting to tag it back on for pax wanting to connect through to latin-america. Therefore I have good hopes of them not 86'ing the tickets.
AM doesn't include YR/YQ in their fares in general. They compensate with higher BF like SQ etc does nowadays. Seems like fat finger error to me.
R earns 50% on AS, that is a great deal as well!
got my e-tik for MAD-MEX-UIO-MEX-AMS-MEX-MGA-MEX-AMS-MEX-GUA-MEX-AMS.
well, base on the fare basis, it is a HOT deal.
Quote: And as long as you personal needs are met everything is fine.... they were available 10min on Aeromex for +€20 and now they are gone. Well done.
Quote: ....We keep blaming the blogs and the fact that they are selling these fares to ignorant people. However, when people on ft start doing this kind of stuff...

Quote: Because a certain somebody called the OTA and airline!

Turn up late, miss the deal ... and I guess you've just have to find someone else to blame
Cancellations coming in
My two trips (Ams-Hav and Ams-Gua) have now been cancelled for 'technical reasons'... hope some of you out there have better luck than me.
Quote: My two trips (Ams-Hav and Ams-Gua) have now been cancelled for 'technical reasons'... hope some of you out there have better luck than me.
Who did you book with?
Read on another forum that with one OTA there was a payment problem, since the OTA gave a discount which they deducted from the payment to AeroMexico.So the airline did not receive the "full amount" that was due...
Quote: Who did you book with?
Read on another forum that with one OTA there was a payment problem, since the OTA gave a discount which they deducted from the payment to AeroMexico.So the airline did not receive the "full amount" that was due...
Would like to know as well, I booked with Kiss&Fly which gave me 15€ discount. MMB page on AM shows that the full amount without discount was paid and ticket being live for now.
Quote: Would like to know as well, I booked with Kiss&Fly which gave me 15€ discount. MMB page on AM shows that the full amount without discount was paid and ticket being live for now.
For these kind of "deals", it's better to pay €15 more and buy direct from the airline.
Quote: For these kind of "deals", it's better to pay €15 more and buy direct from the airline.
Not so sure about this. EF Flights booked at an airline are much easier canceled. If you book using an OTA, the OTA has jurisdiction over the tickets and sometimes they don't really care [MODERATOR EDIT - TOS 16].

Quote: (...) Read on another forum that with one OTA there was a payment problem, since the OTA gave a discount which they deducted from the payment to AeroMexico.So the airline did not receive the "full amount" that was due...
Think this rumor originated from the fact that the AM website indicates "Unknown Payment Problem". Using other websites to check validity of the ticket number indicates that coupon was fully paid and open for travel. Didn't receive cancellation so far. @BobKop - if you log onto Saudi with your cancelled ticket number, do you get an error message?
Quote: Not so sure about this. EF Flights booked at an airline are much easier canceled. If you book using an OTA, the OTA has jurisdiction over the tickets
Sorry but thats total BS.
The airlines have the saying in this at all times, they can cancel any eticket any time without notifying the (O)TA- see AZ error fare (FLR-TYO-DUS) where AZ cancelled all issued tickets and took full ownership of the PNR and OTAs didn't have access to the etickets anymore and could only process the refunds via BSP.