Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX712 SIN-BKK and BKK-HKG separate tickets - checked baggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold

Hi there,

I am thinking of booking the following itinerary:

1) SIN-BKK on CX712 in Y (as a o/w) and then
2) BKK-HKG-PEK in J (as a rtn)

with both SIN-BKK and BKK-HKG being flown on CX712.

Does anyone know how the baggage handling will work in BKK? I have read that CX are happy to check through bags from separate tickets, but how would it physically work in this case? After all, the bag would - in an ideal world - not have to be offloaded in BKK, as it should continue its journey on the same plane that it arrived on.

Has anybody done this before and got any experience / advice to share with me?
Old May 29, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Roll up to CX checkin at T1, show both tickets and ask for bags to be tagged through and to get all 3 boarding passes.

No clue if you need to re-clear security- probably not..but worst case, you re-clear security and get back to the same place.

If for some reason you get 1 boarding pass SIN-HKG..expect the miles for that and not SIN-BKk-HKG..
Old May 29, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Roll up to CX checkin at T1, show both tickets and ask for bags to be tagged through and to get all 3 boarding passes.

No clue if you need to re-clear security- probably not..but worst case, you re-clear security and get back to the same place.

If for some reason you get 1 boarding pass SIN-HKG..expect the miles for that and not SIN-BKk-HKG..
Don't think this will be the case since OP is flying Y for SIN/BKK and J for BKK/HKG.

Back to the topic, for sure the luggage can be tagged to Hong Kong via Bangkok. However, IIRC no luggage can be tagged as AAA-BBB-CCC-BBB where the final destination is a transit destination. But again, in the case, BKK is technically not a transit point for the luggage right? Anyone can confirm this?
Old May 29, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by bart simpson
Don't think this will be the case since OP is flying Y for SIN/BKK and J for BKK/HKG.

Back to the topic, for sure the luggage can be tagged to Hong Kong via Bangkok. However, IIRC no luggage can be tagged as AAA-BBB-CCC-BBB where the final destination is a transit destination. But again, in the case, BKK is technically not a transit point for the luggage right? Anyone can confirm this?
Yeah baggage can be tagged through. Ask SIN checkin to do so.

Don't think that OP wants to do AA-BB-CC-BB here?
Its more like AA-BB-CC-DD?
Old May 29, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by bart simpson

My bad- missed that it was Y & J.

I suppose that the OPs got a bit of a stay in PEK and not just doing a SIN-BKK-HKG-PEK-HKG mileage run..
But, if so, quite certain too, that bags can't be tagged all the way
Old May 29, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by ermen
Yeah baggage can be tagged through. Ask SIN checkin to do so.

Don't think that OP wants to do AA-BB-CC-BB here?
Its more like AA-BB-CC-DD?
Oops my bad this time. Originally I thought his final destination was BKK instead of PEK.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Thanks to everyone for your replies!

The idea is indeed to fly AA-BB-CC-DD = SIN-BKK-HKG-PEK.

It is not a mileage run, as I will be staying in PEK for a week or so, so PEK will be the final destination.

Looks like it should all be fairly straightforward then as long as I can get CX staff in SG to tag all bags through to PEK. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.