Community
Wiki Posts
Search

January 2018 flight cancelled

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Poster

January 2018 flight cancelled

I just went to my BA Account and our flight in First to Rio next January has BA 249 CANCELLED on it, I am hoping that it is something to do with whatever is going on today, what do you think the likelihood is??? I have had texts about other flights being changed by 10 minutes before but not had any info from BA about this one. Will not be able to talk to BA today with all that is happening so really just wanted a little reassurance. It is a reward flight using our Amex 241, there are no other reward flights showing and we have booked and paid for our hotel, cruise to Cape Town, hotels and internal flights in South Africa and return flight to UK
Old May 27, 2017, 7:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What date is your flight?
Old May 27, 2017, 7:05 am
Original Poster

20th January 2018
Old May 27, 2017, 7:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news. First class has been removed from the Rio service - the aircraft serving this route will be a three-class B788 from (IIRC) October 2017.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is more information in this thread;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...?highlight=rio

Regards

TBS
Old May 27, 2017, 7:08 am

It's not showing as cancelled on EF. I would leave it until the current issues are sorted and recheck early next week.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

There is more information in this thread;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...?highlight=rio

Regards

TBS
Ah yes it is showing as a 788 with no F.

Obviously the OP will have to contact BA to work this one out - either to accept a J seat with refund or cancel - but probably not today. Maybe leave it until early next week and then contact BA to discuss.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
First class has been removed from the Rio service - the aircraft is now a three-class B788 from (IIRC) October 2017.
Thanks for the information but surely BA should have moved us into Club World rather than cancelling? We have not had a refund of Avios or taxes and I suppose today is horrific for them I hope they see sense and reinstate us in Club World.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
First is being removed on the GIG route. You should be rebooked in Club, is there a new flight under that one?
Old May 27, 2017, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks all will contact BA after the weekend and hope we get J seats.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by cruisemad
Thanks for the information but surely BA should have moved us into Club World rather than cancelling? We have not had a refund of Avios or taxes and I suppose today is horrific for them I hope they see sense and reinstate us in Club World.
I'm sure that is exactly what they will do, I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. I'd leave it until the affects of today's IT meltdown have subsided before calling them to confirm your plans.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:24 am

Same thing happened to me. Check Manage Your Booking online. In my case it showed First as cancelled and then a new Club World flight listed below.

Last edited by juniordk2000; May 27, 2017 at 7:42 am
Old May 27, 2017, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks for the reassurance, no new flight showing yet but I guess they are pretty busy. I will stop panicking now.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Relief!! Could not get into manage my booking earlier but just managed and new flight there, getting error when trying to accept new flight so will keep trying.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by cruisemad
Relief!! Could not get into manage my booking earlier but just managed and new flight there, getting error when trying to accept new flight so will keep trying.
I wouldn't bother keeping trying today. Leave it until next week and go and enjoy your weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.