Wiki Posts
Search

Tone Deaf Delta

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GOLD
Tone Deaf Delta

I recently attempted to reach out to Delta on relatively small issue where I wanted to make known my displeasure. This post is not about the relatively small issues. It's the inability to even get a response of any kind.

4/11-Shared my issue on the web site utilizing the comment/complaint area. On the final screen, they said someone would follow up. I received no email confirming receipt of my complaint.

4/20-Redo the entire process again. Again receiving the message on the screen that someone would follow up with me. No email.

4/26-I use Delta assist on twitter. Told it may take 30 business days due to the the recent issues. Told Delta assist is being phased out. Please use @Delta in the future.

5/7-Follow up @Delta. Delta says sit tight. They are catching up

5/24-Follow up on @Delta. Delta says they regret the delay. They ask for my case number. I respond I never have received a case number. No email nothing. I again lodge it on the website for the third time. No email confirmation of my complaint.

5/25-I tell Delta no emails are being generated. They say check your Spam folder.

5/26-I tell them and I have checked my Spam folder and nother.

Radio Silence.

I can hardly believe this. It's now the principal of unresponsiveness.

While not a heavy business traveler, I am at almost 600K lifetime with Delta and always been a fan. I cannot believe this lack of responsiveness.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:29 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I don't think anybody will be able to give you a particularly useful answer without knowing the details of about what you're trying to contact Delta.

Delta usually excels in routine customer service recovery so I feel that it is likely something rather out of the ordinary.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
With respect, griping here may make you feel better but does little. Delta PR does very little on FT and fixing these kinds of issues is not what they do anyway.

All you need to do is email, or snail-mail, Delta direct. Here are the contacts:

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/delta-airlines/

I would think you will get an answer very quickly.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL PM
Your gripe with Delta is definitely legitimate. Having said that, since the original issue was relatively small, I would move on were I you. You can either take it in stride and figure your feedback was lost in the tidal wave of complaints they experienced in the wake of their IT meltdown or you can cut the cord with them...or somewhere in between. You just have to weigh this poor customer service experience against your other experiences with Delta as you consider your future travel needs.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GOLD
Does it matter if it's matter if it's lost luggage or stale peanuts? Either way, you respond even if its as simple as an acknowledgement of your complaint. No response is not acceptable.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
That's really odd that you didn't get an e-mail confirmation. Any time I've submitted something to DL customer service, I've gotten an auto-generated e-mail acknowledgement within a half hour or so, with a copy of the message that I submitted to them.

I wonder if there's something strange going on, either with your browser or with the system on their end, that's causing your messages to not go through.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ToledoRocket
Does it matter if it's matter if it's lost luggage or stale peanuts? Either way, you respond even if its as simple as an acknowledgement of your complaint. No response is not acceptable.
The nature of the original complaint doesn't really matter. The fail is in not responding. The question is really then what? Clearly, on the Delta triage scale you are not a gaping head wound. You are free to do with that what you will. Personally, I would just move on and count that one as a Delta fail. Probably not your first and certainly not the last.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What was your 'displeasure'? Delta transported 120 million people last year, so it may seem reasonable to separate the more important customer service failings from the silly high maintenance requests.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Cory6188
That's really odd that you didn't get an e-mail confirmation. Any time I've submitted something to DL customer service, I've gotten an auto-generated e-mail acknowledgement within a half hour or so, with a copy of the message that I submitted to them. ...
I recently sent in an online comment about the new seat map (in)visibilty issue ... it's been over 48 hrs with no acknowledgement
Old May 25, 2017, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ToledoRocket
Absolutely. There's a difference between "the pilot was not fit to fly, I saw him drink 20 shots in the bar last night' and 'I think you should have more yellow in the uniform, it's so friendly.'
Old May 26, 2017, 12:58 am

FWIW, Delta's move from @deltaassist to @Delta isn't a reduction of service in itself, it's just a re-branding, and this happened more than a year ago.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Widgets
FWIW, Delta's move from @deltaassist to @Delta isn't a reduction of service in itself, it's just a re-branding, and this happened more than a year ago.
Well... not so sure about that part.

IMO over the past year the quality and reliability of the info from Delta on twitter is down the toilet. As for getting things done (they did before) much of it is a link to Delta.com or call the Medallion line. Since I know they will just tell me this anyway I now just call now to save time and frustration!
Old May 26, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by C W
I don't think anybody will be able to give you a particularly useful answer without knowing the details of about what you're trying to contact Delta.

Delta usually excels in routine customer service recovery so I feel that it is likely something rather out of the ordinary.
I know that my comments recently have been very negative, but I am seeing the OP's point of view. I too am seeing a lack of CS from DL.

1. I was caught up in the April flight disruption on two different flights/two different trips and I understand they were backed up, but it took over two week for them to answer. They answered my second complaint first and then days later answered my first.

2. I had a simple mileage request from a KLM flight, which was my fault due to an incorrect SM number. I sent in all of the info along with my ticket and where I accidently switched two digits in my SM#. It has been over 3 weeks and last night I finally got the reply email from my request that they would respond to me soon. I just called KLM and took care of it on the phone and the segs/MQMs have already been updated.

3. I had been reading about the latest DL.com "enhancement" here on FT, where we can no longer see the seating and wrote a comment about a week ago to ask if this was a glitch or an "upgrade to the DL experience" and to date haven't received the standard replay email that my comment was received, blah blah, blah.

4. Lastly the DM line has also taken a big drop in CS. It seems that I am explaining the rules to them or they repeat basic information over and over treating me like a first time flyer on family vacation. More often than not I get the thank you for being a Gold medallion as the calls ends.

Seems that DL is making a conscious effort to change their CS, again it is a point of view thing.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Well... not so sure about that part.

IMO over the past year the quality and reliability of the info from Delta on twitter is down the toilet. As for getting things done (they did before) much of it is a link to Delta.com or call the Medallion line. Since I know they will just tell me this anyway I now just call now to save time and frustration!
Okay, but the act of changing Twitter handles does not inherently reduce service levels. A reduction in staffing or something else is what would reduce the service provided by Twitter reps.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Widgets
Okay, but the act of changing Twitter handles does not inherently reduce service levels. A reduction in staffing or something else is what would reduce the service provided by Twitter reps.
Agreed, valid point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.