Wiki Posts
Search

A-List gets boarding number B26

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Angry A-List gets boarding number B26

I checked in last night for a flight at about T-23:59. I got boarding order B26. I'm A-List! A partner on the same flight who's a no-status flyer checked in seconds earlier and got B16. WTH??
Old May 25, 2017, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Hopefully the mods will be along to merge this with one of the other dozen threads on the same topic.

If you search for those, you will find the answers.

Those answers won't make you happy, but they are the answers. No need to start yet another thread on the same topic.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

I saw other threads. They seemed focused on discussing whether numbers around A40 were reasonable. (They are.) B26 is materially worse, and the fact that it seemed sequenced relative to a non-status passenger checking in indicates to me that WN failed to give me the published benefit of an early-reserved boarding number. I'm curious if there's any history of WN being willing to fix this for the current flight, and what I need to do to prevent it from happening again.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I saw other threads. They seemed focused on discussing whether numbers around A40 were reasonable. (They are.) B26 is materially worse, and the fact that it seemed sequenced relative to a non-status passenger checking in indicates to me that WN failed to give me the published benefit of an early-reserved boarding number. I'm curious if there's any history of WN being willing to fix this for the current flight, and what I need to do to prevent it from happening again.
I don't think they are going to care or investigate however odd it may seem (and it does). The fix is to board at A-60.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:47 am

B26 is materially worse, and the fact that it seemed sequenced relative to a non-status passenger checking in indicates to me that WN failed to give me the published benefit of an early-reserved boarding number.
That the system is spastic and unstable is always disillusioning.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
I checked in last night for a flight at about T-23:59. I got boarding order B26. I'm A-List! A partner on the same flight who's a no-status flyer checked in seconds earlier and got B16. WTH??
If you are A-list, why are you checking in a T-24? As mentioned, you can board after the A and before the B group.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:46 pm

For what it's worth, you should call or write Southwest and let them know. Lots of glitches with the new system, and the "A-lister not getting A-list position" is one that has been reported before. If anything, this thread should be merged into the post May 9th Travel one. My understanding is that there is nothing they can do to fix your position at this point, however as has been stated you can always board between A&B.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:05 pm

When did you book the flight...
Old May 28, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: WN RR, UA M+, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by joshua362
The fix is to board at A-60.
Exactly.

Even after the A group had boarded, there are aisles and windows toward the back.
Old May 29, 2017, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Followup

WN agents confirmed the problem was my A-List status was not associated with my ticket. Why that happened is a mystery. I'd purchased the ticket 3 weeks before departure and was already A-List at time of ticketing. And as I suspected, there was nothing they could (or were willing to) do about it after check-in. How "the computer" assigns BP numbers is a divine mystery to them. Thankfully the problem did not repeat with my flight today. I got my boarding pass last night with the much more satisfying number A26.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.