Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e190 wing seat

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 6:43 am
Original Poster

e190 wing seat

Oh no, just checked in for my flight to Rotterdam and it has given us row 14, which is above the wing but the last row that is (from the online map). Wanted to get some photos, just in case we take off towards the west. Does anyone know the aircraft and can recollect their seat selection and whether you think it's worth paying 12 quid to move slightly further back. Or will we be ok, in terms of seeing something. A petty question, I know!!!

Also, in terms of seat allocation for HBO fares, how does it work? Does it allocate from front to back as each person checks in. Or is done on who booked first or something? Just wondering for our flight back and whether I should not be so hasty in checking in, if I want to be further back. Tho I might pay, because if we should fly in from the west, the view would be extraordinary, from what I remember from a few years ago.

Cheers, Julian.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The view from row 14 will be well obstructed by the wing, no two ways about that.

HBO seating follows Theoretical Seating, see the main thread via the Dashboard. However the HBO seating allocation is after all the seating allocations, so while Golds currently don't do too badly, below Gold it isn't usually a good outcome. However E190s are spacious anyway so there aren't many complaints in that area, BA keep the seat numbers down so that can operate with just 2 cabin crew, just as the 737 seating wasn't maximised.

If you haven't downloaded / App'd your boarding pass then you can reselect your seating from the SSCI machines at LCY. These machines are common to a number of airlines, so no need to look for a BA kiosk.

[From 14 June 2017 this thread won't be relevant, status passengers will be able to select seats on HBO/Basic fares. Though ironically on E190s it's possible this ability to select will mean that Golds won't get so good an outcome!]
Old May 24, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC
I can't speak for row 14, but these are from row 12, the exit row. Yeah, the wing is in the way, but it's not like the A380 where it's so large you won't be able to see anything!

Old May 24, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much to both of you for your replies. Very helpful indeed. Actually, I didn't realise you could change the seat for free at the SSCI machine. I had felt vaguely embarrassed to be asking such an unimportant question but now I'm really glad I did!!!
Old May 24, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I sometimes put myself right the back and you can get some great shots that way which include the wing. in particular in and out of LCY.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1979
I sometimes put myself right the back and you can get some great shots that way which include the wing. in particular in and out of LCY.
Yeah, that's actually where I was hoping to sit.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Jrichardf
Yeah, that's actually where I was hoping to sit.
I've got some great pics overflying the shard that way - see my Insta a few pics down.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

I've got some great pics overflying the shard that way - see my Insta a few pics down.
Great pics. Wow, it seems like you're constantly travelling!
Old May 24, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
There is a lot of crew equipment in the overhead bins over the last couple of rows on the BAFC Embreaers, so I tend to pick 2-3 rows forward of the rear and make sure I board early, if I have to sit near the back.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jrichardf
Great pics. Wow, it seems like you're constantly travelling!
thank you. and I try. it's Flyertalk after all

Originally Posted by flatlander
There is a lot of crew equipment in the overhead bins over the last couple of rows on the BAFC Embreaers, so I tend to pick 2-3 rows forward of the rear and make sure I board early, if I have to sit near the back.
good call. and of course, if inbound to LCY, one can disembark from back as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.