Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

23:35 Changi layover, arriving SQ F, departing SQ Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

I'm flying in to SIN at 12:20 AM in First and have a same-day, same-reservation connection to Suites class departing at 11:55 PM. Ideal plan would be to sleep in a lounge until the morning, shower, have breakfast in The Private Room, store my luggage, and leave the airport for a day of exploring. Is that possible or does that present problems right off the bat?

Beyond that (assuming everything stated previously would work out), is returning to the airport for a mid-day rest and meal in The Private Room an option? I imagine this would mean going back and forth through immigration.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:49 am

Your plan will work fine. Just note the Private Room doesn't open until 5:30am or so. And there isn't anywhere especially comfortable to sleep in the First Class Lounge. Otherwise yes you should be fine eating then heading out for the day and coming back in the evening. I'm not sure about returning mid-day. Yes the lounge will let you in but not sure how the immigration aspect will be.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
You have two options, and I've done both. The Aerotel Airport Transit Hotel is located inside the terminal (you won't have to exit security). If your connecting flight were earlier, this would be the better option.

However, since you have a full day in Singapore, you might instead consider the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, which is connected to the airport. With or without luggage it's an easy walk, and it's a very nice Crowne Plaza. If you want to go into Singapore for the day, this would be the better option imo. You can return to The Private Room for dinner. I suppose you would also be able to go for breakfast as well.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:39 pm

There are no decent sleeping facilities in the lounges, so I would certainly prefer either of the two options suggested by Peninsula in the post above.

As long as you enter and leave Singapore just once during your transit, you will be fine.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Peninsula
You have two options, and I've done both. The Aerotel Airport Transit Hotel is located inside the terminal (you won't have to exit security). If your connecting flight were earlier, this would be the better option.

However, since you have a full day in Singapore, you might instead consider the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, which is connected to the airport. With or without luggage it's an easy walk, and it's a very nice Crowne Plaza. If you want to go into Singapore for the day, this would be the better option imo. You can return to The Private Room for dinner. I suppose you would also be able to go for breakfast as well.
It looks like the Aerotel transit lounge is in terminal 1 while I'll be arriving into terminal 3 (and that's where The Private Room is too). Is the Ambassador transit hotel in terminal 3 not as nice? Although since everything is connected airside, I wouldn't imagine it to be more than 10-15 minutes to get to the Aerotel and back.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Why sit in the airport for 24 hours? Get a cab and get into downtown SG...stay the night..get a good nights sleep...have a good meal the next day and head to the airport 3-4 hours before your flight/
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
It looks like the Aerotel transit lounge is in terminal 1 while I'll be arriving into terminal 3 (and that's where The Private Room is too). Is the Ambassador transit hotel in terminal 3 not as nice? Although since everything is connected airside, I wouldn't imagine it to be more than 10-15 minutes to get to the Aerotel and back.
go into town. book a hotel of your choice in town, not at the airport. 24 hours is way too long to be hanging out in the Changi area (airport).

not to sound rude, but the moment you start comparing airport hotels, the discussion moves away from Singapore airlines, and you are are then just asking about a night-to-night Singapore layover. therefore, the destination section of this FT forum is your go to location. read below!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/

Last edited by Tokyoite; Apr 23, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Was this layover intentional (you wanted to have time to visit SIN) or forced on you? If forced on you (availability, connection etc.), then I would ask SQ to foot the bill for a proper hotel accommodation. It is called STPC (stop over paid by career) and I have been successful getting it in J, so in F I cannot see problem at all...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Was this layover intentional (you wanted to have time to visit SIN) or forced on you? If forced on you (availability, connection etc.), then I would ask SQ to foot the bill for a proper hotel accommodation. It is called STPC (stop over paid by career) and I have been successful getting it in J, so in F I cannot see problem at all...
My guess is that it probably was intentional given that he booked suites and probably did it to make the itinerary work.

As others mentioned, spare yourself the agony and find a decent hotel to spend the night. Get a proper sleep, have a nice lunch/dinner in the city, then come back to Changi fully rested and ready enjoy the suites.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I would probably still try asking for STPC... One never knows and asking does not hurt... I got STPC recently from OS even on award business class ticket... Did not expect it at all and was surprised to get it.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
What luggage do you propose storing? For a less-than-24-hour stopover SQ usually check luggage straight through. I had a similar layover SYD-SIN-BKK recently and there was no issue with checking it through - in fact that was the assumption the agent made. For my carry-on I took it to the hotel (I stayed in Singapore the night)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Plat
Wink

Crowne Plaza is actually pretty nice - check in there as its only 10 mins walk at one end of SQ's usual T3, get some sleep and then next morng before it gets too hot) catch either the get on/get off tourist bus to the sights of Singapore, or the MRT subway into town. Watch out for frequent T/storms in the late afternoon (taxis become impossible to catch) and make yr way back out to Changi early eve, pick up yr bag at Crowne, stroll to the SQ First checkin and thru there to dedicated immig counter, up to TPR for a shower and whatever takes yr fancy on the menu. Simples....
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Tasclean
Crowne Plaza is actually pretty nice ...
I found Crowne Plaza to be surprisingly & disappointingly noisy ... just didn't seem to have the sound-proofing I would have expected in an in-terminal-building hotel.

Very nice in all other aspects.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Actually there is an area in the business class lounge where you can sleep (albeit not as nice as a hotel) it's in the back corner away from the food and you can lie flat (altho there are small table that encroach every few feet). They will even supply pillow and blanket.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
Yes, you are correct. I forgot the name and did a quick search, but Ambassador is the correct one. It's no frills but clean, a small sleeping room with a bathroom and shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.