Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina - Great location, not so great bed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

1380 Harbor Island Dr San Diego, CA US 92101

Great location, not so great bed (0 Photo)

Stayed 4 nights in April 2015 for a conference could not ask for a better location in relation to the airport-one can literally walk from Terminal 1 to the hotel in all of about 5 minutes. There is some airport noise from jets taking off, both from this airport as well as the airfield for the Naval Air Station across the bay, however, not much, especially w/the doors to the balcony closed. Based on the hotel layout, I suspect every room has a great view of some kind, though the rooms facing south will have views of the Bay. Staff very helpful. Room decor & decor on the guest room floors has a very nautical, beachy feel to it. Bathroom not overly large, but nicely decorated, however, it might feel a bit cramped if 2 people were sharing. Interestingly, no racks for hanging towels, especially the larger bath ones. Sorry to say, but beds not comfortable at all-in fact, I'd call them some of the worst I have slept on (or attempted to!) in a upscale hotel like this in a long time. Part of the problem is the bedding-flat sheets on the bottom & a flimsy mattress pad that is not anchored down resulting in a wadded up mess the first time one turns over. The C Level Lounge/Island Prime Steakhouse is about a 15 mins walk and there is a small deli/convenience store between the hotel & the Sheraton Bay Tower building that serves the Marina where one can get drinks and snacks, but otherwise, you'll need a car or cab to get to any shopping or restaurants as the hotel shuttles only go to/from the airport. Wifi worked well, though it has to be renewed every 24 hours which is annoying when you are working & suddenly can't do anything-Marriot has this problem solved by letting guests 'buy' for the duration of the stay, which I wish other chains would follow. Hotel as followed other unfortunate hotel habits & stopped providing hard copies of the bill under the door the morning of checkout opting instead to e-mail it after the guest has gone. Had we waited for that we would have ended up paying $64 in parking charges that weren't ours, so the moral of the story is to ask for a hard copy of your bill before leaving the property.

Great location, not so great bed

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.