Wiki Posts
Search

Canada Dry Aeroplan Mile Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2001, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Canada Dry Aeroplan Mile Promotion

Well its not quite the Kellogg "waffle run" that has been posted on the AA forum - but it is our own home grown Canadian version of the same kind of loyalty program.

With each purchase of Canada Dry Ginger Ale 2 L bottle, obtain a certificate for 25 (count 'em 25) Aeroplan miles. Minimum: 3 certificate to be processed, Maximum: 66 (thats 1650 max miles).

They were on sale at Loeb in Ottawa for 99 cents last week! (66 bottles is a LOT of soda).

Well, its something..

[This message has been edited by Salisbury5 (edited 07-14-2001).]
Old Jul 14, 2001, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who is willing to down in history as the Ginger Ale guy or gal?
Old Jul 14, 2001, 1:00 pm

Speaking of "dry" Canadian flights, maybe I should do it, given my last flight, which almost went "dry."
Old Jul 14, 2001, 3:40 pm
ALW

So that's C$0.04 per point, a bit pricey but the pop is free. (Or, at 2c/pt, the pop is only $0.50/bottle).

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">given my last flight, which almost went "dry." </font>
Clearly Air Canada is having liquidity problems.

Instead of donating to charity (like Pudding Guy), maybe we should should each buy 66 bottles and donate to Air Canada for use when catering fails to deliver.

andrew
Old Jul 15, 2001, 6:15 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
My wife drinks the ginger ale. Hope she likes it in gallons now!! Every little bit helps. Thanks, Salisbury5.

bj-21.

------------------
'Tis better to have played and won, then never to have played at all.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 7:55 pm

I seem to recall this promo from last summer. Consumers were asked to mail in their "tokens" by the end of October, and your Aeroplan account was to be credited with the appropriate number of miles by the end of December.

I'm still waiting!!

Has anyone on here had their mileage appear after sending in the proofs of purchase??

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 12:01 am

Still waitng for the mileage also. Tried to get to the Canada Dry website to find an email address to inquire about the delay. The site informs us that a new website is coming soon, no email contact shown.

Schweps, anyone?

bj-21.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I think both Canada Dry and Schweppes are all owned and bottled in Canada by PepsiCo. Didn't Cadbury sell their soft drink division a few years back?
Old Feb 5, 2002, 11:32 pm

I emailed NCH Promotional Services, who I thought may have handled the contest and promotion for Canada Dry. Emailed them over this past weekend to ask about the Aeroplan points for both my wife and myself. They responded today (Feb.5) to say that the AP points have been credited to our accounts on Feb. 4. Just checked our accounts--nada. Will give them a week or two to appear in the accounts before I email NCH again. By the way, they called the points "AirMiles", which is incorrect, as they should be Aeroplan points.
Still burping from too much ginger ale.

bj-21.
Old May 26, 2002, 8:18 am

Yours truly was out picking up the groceries on Friday, and it seems Canada Dry Ginger-Ale is running a similar promotion again right now.

The difference is, you get 75 Aeroplan miles per token collected, versus 25 that was offered last year. You need a minimum six tokens, and a maximum of 66.

There's also two prizes of 500,000 Aeroplan miles to be won.

For more info, check out: www.ctheworld.cc
Old May 26, 2002, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Globe Man:
Yours truly was out picking up the groceries on Friday, and it seems Canada Dry Ginger-Ale is running a similar promotion again right now.

The difference is, you get 75 Aeroplan miles per token collected, versus 25 that was offered last year. You need a minimum six tokens, and a maximum of 66.

There's also two prizes of 500,000 Aeroplan miles to be won.

For more info, check out: www.ctheworld.cc
</font>
Went to their website and indeed 75 miles per 12 pk of cans and 50 per 2L bottle. Much cheaper to buy pop than the miles directly from AC!! Only catch appears to be that they won't post the miles until the end of the promo, or October.

Old May 26, 2002, 10:20 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
How much is a 2L bottle?
Old May 26, 2002, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
How much is a 2L bottle?</font>
You can get these out west for 99 cents on a good sale and in Ontario I think you can snag them for less than that, maybe 79 or 89 cents.

Old May 26, 2002, 12:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
This must be a very recent promo, as none of the Canada Dry 2L or 12 packs in my store (SDM)have this on their pacakging. I'll have to ask my sales rep on Monday.
P.S.
Canada Dry ia a Coca Cola product. CD used to be a separately run subsidiary of Coca cola until about 10 years ago. Schweppes, of course was from Cadbury-Schweppes out of the U.K. and the brand was bought by Pepsi several years back. Both brands say cadbury beverages on them, which is a bit confusing. These beverage companies buy the distribution rights for the brands from global companies,
just like the beer companies-e.g. Molson's
and Coor's.
Old May 26, 2002, 12:45 pm

In last years promotion, the AP miles hadn't showed up in my wife's or my account by February of this year. It took several emails to the promo's sponsors and the company running the promo (NCH Clearinghouse) to get the points finally posted. So don't forget to keep track of what you've mailed in, and remember to "remind" them to get your points to AP after a reasonable amount of time beyond the promo's end, if they haven't already done so.

bj-21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.