Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
US Airways has issued a Travel Advisory:
http://www.usairways.com/TravelCenter/Advisories.aspx

Cities Affected

Hartford, CT ; New Haven, CT ; Washington, DC (Reagan National) ; Washington, DC (Dulles Int'l Airport) ; Portland, ME ; Baltimore, MD ; Salisbury, MD ; Boston, MA ; Manchester, NH ; Newark, NJ ; Albany, NY ; Islip, NY ; New York, NY (JFK Airport) ; New York, NY (LaGuardia) ; Newburgh, NY ; White Plains, NY ; Philadelphia, PA ; Providence, RI

Date Range
11/26/2014 1:00 AM ET through 11/26/2014 11:59 PM ET

Revised Ticket Policy

Due to weather, US Airways offers the following flexibility options to our ticketed customers whose travel may be impacted by this event. Customers ticketed to travel on US*/AA flights to/from/through the airports listed below may change flights as shown below.

If you are traveling to, through or from:
· Albany, NY (ALB)
· Baltimore, MD (BWI)
· Boston, MA (BOS)
· Hartford, CT (BDL)
· Islip / Long Island/Macarthur, Ny (ISP)
· Manchester, NH (MHT)
· New Haven, CT (HVN)
· New York Kennedy, NY (JFK)
· New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
· Newark, NJ (EWR)
· Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
· Portland, ME (PWM)
· Providence, RI (PVD)
· Salisbury, MD (SBY)
· Stewart / Newburgh, NY (SWF)
· Washington Dulles, VA (IAD)
· Washington Reagan Nat'l, DC (DCA)
· Westchester County / White Plains, NY (HPN)

On the following dates: November 26, 2014
And your ticket was issued no later than: November 24, 2014
You may travel: November 25 - 27, 2014
Original inventory required? No
Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes allowed? No

Refunds? No

The ticket reissue charge will be waived for one ticket change.

Change your trip online at: www.usairways.com/manageyourtrip

If you need help, please call 800-428-4322.
Print Wikipost

Thanksgiving 2014 Travel Weather Advisory (US Airways)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Thanksgiving 2014 Travel Weather Advisory (US Airways)

Hello - With a storm due to hit the northeast on Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving) I was wondering what chances there were of US adding a weather advisory allowing passengers to change their tickets without fee.

I'm leaving Wednesday morning which will hopefully be early enough, but would prefer the peace of mind if I was given the chance to leave Tuesday morning instead.

Any insights or guesses are appreciated. Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Too soon to call. If you are leaving from PHL, I personally think your chances of an advisory are less than if you are leaving from further north east.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Scheduled to leave from BDL on Wednesday late afternoon. Not looking promising at this point. Would like US to announce the advisory soon while other options are still available.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Scheduled to leave from BDL on Wednesday late afternoon. Not looking promising at this point. Would like US to announce the advisory soon while other options are still available.
Agreed. I'm leaving DC and going to BDL. A number of good options are available now so the sooner they announce it (if they are) the better.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danpeake
Agreed. I'm leaving DC and going to BDL. A number of good options are available now so the sooner they announce it (if they are) the better.
And I'm heading to D.C..
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by danpeake
I'm leaving DCA Wednesday morning and flying to BOS, where the storm will arrive later than Hartford and may in any case be mostly rain. But Tuesday flights are likely to be rather full anyway, especially later in the day.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JPG3392
I'm leaving DCA Wednesday morning and flying to BOS, where the storm will arrive later than Hartford and may in any case be mostly rain. But Tuesday flights are likely to be rather full anyway, especially later in the day.
From what I can gather, some snow is expected in D.C. and we all know how D.C. handles snow.

I may have to bail on flying and drive, but I hate driving more than 90 minutes and especially hate driving before Thanksgiving. Ugh.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:47 am
Original Poster

From what I can gather, some snow is expected in D.C. and we all know how D.C. handles snow.

I may have to bail on flying and drive, but I hate driving more than 90 minutes and especially hate driving before Thanksgiving. Ugh.
I am hopefully that Wednesday morning will be okay weather wise, but would prefer a switch to Tuesday!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Just released
http://www.usairways.com/TravelCenter/Advisories.aspx
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RMINIONE
Yup! Just made my change!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Wish I was flying AA/US this time around. Waiting for Jetblue to release there advisory hopefully soon...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I'm flying PHL-FCO on Wednesday night...I hope there are no issues getting this flight out of there that night!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:45 pm

Wife and I have a CRJ-200 DCA - YYZ Wed at 3pm, and nonrefundable hotel reservations in YYZ. However, we don't have the vacation time for more time off...any recommendations? Show up and hope? Other?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:16 pm

I haven't made a change yet, but I will look into my options. The forecasts for the weather in the Washington area (especially the city) are very tentative.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Scotttheking
Wife and I have a CRJ-200 DCA - YYZ Wed at 3pm, and nonrefundable hotel reservations in YYZ. However, we don't have the vacation time for more time off...any recommendations? Show up and hope? Other?
You should be OK, though perhaps delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.