Korean air passenger antitrust litigation settlement

Subscribe
KOREAN AIR PASSENGER ANTITRUST LITIGATION SETTLEMENT

https://koreanairpassengercases.com/english/

Is anyone aware of this?

Apparently there was another case in 2011, but again?
Quote: KOREAN AIR PASSENGER ANTITRUST LITIGATION SETTLEMENT

Is anyone aware of this?

I think I got the same email. Is it like one of those situations where you send a whole bunch of documentation that you purchased tickets way-back-then, and then get a refund of 37 cents?

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT KOREAN AIR LINES AND ASIANA AIRLINES

대한항공과 아시아나 항공에 대한 중요 공지

Travel Agents - please share this with Passengers

For a Notice in Korean, call or visit the website.

한국어로 된 공지를 원하시면 전화하시거나 웹사이트를 방문해 주십시오.

If You Purchased a Ticket in the U.S. on Korean Air Lines or Asiana Airlines
A Class Action Settlement May Affect Your Rights

There is a proposed Settlement with Korean Air Lines Co., Ltd. (“Korean Air”) involving an alleged conspiracy by Asiana Airlines, Inc. (“Asiana”) and Korean Air (“Defendants”) to fix prices for air passenger travel between the U.S. and the Republic of Korea (“Korea”). The Defendants deny the claims in this lawsuit.

Am I a Member of the Class? The Class includes individuals and businesses who bought at least one ticket for passenger air travel on Asiana or Korean Air. The purchase must have been in the United States, for a flight originating in the United States and ending in Korea or a flight originating in Korea and ending in the United States, with the purchase date between January 1, 2000 and August 1, 2007.

What Does the Settlement Provide? Korean Air has agreed to pay $65 million into a Settlement Fund consisting of $39 million cash and $26 million in coupons for future travel. Your benefits will be based on the total dollar amount of the tickets you purchased as well as on the number of valid claims that are filed.

How to Get Benefits? You will need to submit a claim to ask for benefits by December 31, 2013. You should save the records of your purchases and check the website below to file a claim or receive a claim form.

Your Other Rights. If you do not want to be legally bound by the Settlement, you must exclude yourself in writing from the Class. The deadline to exclude yourself is October 25, 2013. If you stay in the Class you will not be able to sue Korean Air for any claims relating to the Settlement. If you stay in the Class, you may object or comment on the Settlement by October 25, 2013. The detailed Class Notice, available below, explains how to exclude yourself from the Class or object to the Settlement.

The Court will hold a hearing on December 2, 2013 to consider whether to approve the Settlement. It will also consider whether attorneys’ fees to Class Counsel, awards to class representatives, and costs and expenses will be paid from the Settlement Fund. You or your own lawyer may ask to appear and speak at the hearing at your own cost.

To view the Class Notice and for more information:
www.KoreanAirPassengerCases.com
or call 1-888-261-1921
have also received two postcards form the settlement administrator--will probably get a 1% discount on future tickets!
Yeah, I got both an email and a postcard in the mail about this…

Not sure when I bought a Korean Air or Asiana ticket. The last time I went OZ was like 15 years ago.
Quote: KOREAN AIR PASSENGER ANTITRUST LITIGATION SETTLEMENT

Is anyone aware of this?

I believe same case, but different settling defendant(s).
The first, online step is easy. If you are and were a Skypass member between the relevant dates you can get the flight information from your account online; no documentation required at this stage.Later
anyone have any updates on this?
Deleted
Has anyone received their settlement?

Edit: NVM. Their website says the following.

UPDATE: The Claims administrator is currently performing claim validation and audits on claims filed. The validation process is quite extensive and takes time. Once the validation is complete, the eligible class members will be mailed their distribution checks and coupons. We anticipate having further information on the outcome of this process by April, 2015. Thank you for your continued patience.
anyone get anything yet? i think it's been mailed out.
Quote: anyone get anything yet? i think it's been mailed out.
Update from lawsuit website says end of May now:

"UPDATED: April 21, 2016

The parties are completing the final distribution to claimants. There have been technical issues regarding the redemption and coupon exchange website, and all parties are diligently working toward finalizing the distribution process. We now expect that the distribution to claimants will occur in late May 2016.

Additional updates will appear on the website when the date for the distribution mailing is known.

Thank you for your patience while the process is completed."
Just got my check, along with coupon codes for KE and OZ.
There will be an auction to trade codes on July 11-15, 2016 at kpacoupons.com
Quote: There will be an auction to trade codes on July 11-15, 2016 at kpacoupons.com
As of now, you are unable to place your codes for auction.
Quote: Just got my check, along with coupon codes for KE and OZ.
There will be an auction to trade codes on July 11-15, 2016 at kpacoupons.com
Likewise. I wonder if the auction will be worth pursuing.
I know someone is going to ask and no wiki yet, YOU CAN NO LONGER FILE A CLAIM.
For existing coupon holders does anyone have a good usage for USA departures?