AmEX [USA] Transfer Bonus is back! 35% to British Airways through 6.7.2013

Subscribe
Quote: Based on previous years, is this usually replicated for UK cardholders? (apologies - new to Amex rewards!)
Any ideas?
Quote: Any ideas?
Each market has its own Membership Rewards program with separate partners, transfer ratio, and promotional schedule. A USA bonus for transfers to BA tell us nothing about a bonus in the UK. BA promotes more often in the USA than in the UK, likely because of it's high market share at home.
Just xfer'd 50k in MR to BA ... now unsure about the other 50k due to a possible 50% promo coming back, otherwise will do another transaction and xfer the remaining 50k to BA before June 7th and not risk taking a chance in case this promo doesn't come back for the year.

Not so happy about booking a ticket with a connection into separate individual segments and having separate record locators, but heck 35% is 35%!

decisions, decisions ....
Quote: Just xfer'd 50k in MR to BA ... now unsure about the other 50k due to a possible 50% promo coming back, otherwise will do another transaction and xfer the remaining 50k to BA before June 7th and not risk taking a chance in case this promo doesn't come back for the year.

Not so happy about booking a ticket with a connection into separate individual segments and having separate record locators, but heck 35% is 35%!

decisions, decisions ....
If the availability is there when you search each leg, call and book over the phone. They should be able to get it on to one ticket for you. Otherwise, if something goes wrong along the way, the rule is that they only are responsible to get you to your ticketed destination. That can get hairy with your baggage, a missed connection, etc. I don't think I'd be willing to risk an international itinerary booked as each segment on its own PNR.
Quote: If the availability is there when you search each leg, call and book over the phone. They should be able to get it on to one ticket for you. Otherwise, if something goes wrong along the way, the rule is that they only are responsible to get you to your ticketed destination. That can get hairy with your baggage, a missed connection, etc. I don't think I'd be willing to risk an international itinerary booked as each segment on its own PNR.
Thanks for the response! I will surely do that, its just a pain getting a US BA agent and then trying to get them to waive fees for booking over the phone ... but yes, a lot better than having an issue when each segment is separate and something goes wrong ....
Quote: like clockwork, I transferred 45k three days back and said the new bonus would start this week. just my luck.

good news is that I got tix for family of 5 from Miami to Grand Cayman for 45k avios that would have costs 150k AA miles.

any hope of getting the bonus applied retro 3 days?
Call Amex and ask nicely. No harm in trying.
To those with large balances of Membership Rewards looking to plow into BA Avios, be careful.

I transferred about 3,000,000 Amex MR Points, resulting in over 4,000,000 Avios. Most were transferred in 2011 with 40% and 50% bonus offers. I promptly began giving First and Business flights to family and friends, which resulted in a BA audit for "too many 3rd-party bookings". My entire balance of Avios was confiscated. After much hassle and several months, I was able to get my Avios re-instated. I truly believe I was lucky to get the Avios back. I know book Avios flights primarily for myself and relatives with the same last name as mine.

The moral here: You can be generous, just don't be TOO generous!
Quote: To those with large balances of Membership Rewards looking to plow into BA Avios, be careful.

I transferred about 3,000,000 Amex MR Points, resulting in over 4,000,000 Avios. Most were transferred in 2011 with 40% and 50% bonus offers. I promptly began giving First and Business flights to family and friends, which resulted in a BA audit for "too many 3rd-party bookings". My entire balance of Avios was confiscated. After much hassle and several months, I was able to get my Avios re-instated. I truly believe I was lucky to get the Avios back. I know book Avios flights primarily for myself and relatives with the same last name as mine.

The moral here: You can be generous, just don't be TOO generous!
Outrageous, thanks for sharing and glad you were able to get the Avios back.
On a whim I google searched "AMEX BA POINTS TRANSFER BONUS" today because Iīve been checking the rewards page religiously for the last four months hoping for a offer. Very glad flyertalk is on top of it. I wish I would get email notifications about this. How did the OP find out? I check on the "rewards: travel page" every day but only saw the graphic for "1,000 pts transfer" -- for the last offer they had a giant advert for the 30% bonus without having to click through to the BA transfer page. I would have missed this round if it werenīt for flyertalk. I was hoping for a 50% but donīt know the timing of that type of offer. Would keep holding out but Iīve got September travel Iīve got to book and the limited F on BA books quickly. Is there a dedicated page for up to date USA AMEX>BA transfer bonus offers? I need a subscription to something like that...
Quote: On a whim I google searched "AMEX BA POINTS TRANSFER BONUS" today because Iīve been checking the rewards page religiously for the last four months hoping for a offer. Very glad flyertalk is on top of it. I wish I would get email notifications about this. How did the OP find out? I check on the "rewards: travel page" every day but only saw the graphic for "1,000 pts transfer" -- for the last offer they had a giant advert for the 30% bonus without having to click through to the BA transfer page. I would have missed this round if it werenīt for flyertalk. I was hoping for a 50% but donīt know the timing of that type of offer. Would keep holding out but Iīve got September travel Iīve got to book and the limited F on BA books quickly. Is there a dedicated page for up to date USA AMEX>BA transfer bonus offers? I need a subscription to something like that...
If you check this FT thread everyday then you'll know

What you can do is subscribe with email notifications and then you'll get an email whenever the thread has activity which is likely after a bonus has been announced.
Quote: I check on the "rewards: travel page" every day but
Not the best page. Look here and notice the Special Offer chevron above British Airways:

http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...readcrumb=true

Quote: If you check this FT thread everyday
Subscribing to this thread won't accomplish much, because it will die when the offer ends and a new thread will be started when the next offer appears.
Quote: like clockwork, I transferred 45k three days back and said the new bonus would start this week. just my luck.

good news is that I got tix for family of 5 from Miami to Grand Cayman for 45k avios that would have costs 150k AA miles.

any hope of getting the bonus applied retro 3 days?
Keep us posted. I transferred 130k last week.
Quote: Hi all -

I am pretty new to this. I have 82,000 amex points with no immediate plans to use them. I have considered getting $800 worth of giftcards to restoration hardware to go to some stuff for my new place. I know this is not great value for the points (although something I am in need right now, which is why I'm considering). I would love to go to Europe but don't think I will have time within the next year due to work. I do a lot of trips from Dallas to St. Louis and vice versa. That is primarily where I fly. I usually spend a week in an SPG eligible hotel. Basically, I have no idea what to do with these things. I don't know if this 35% bonus for British Avios will do me much good as far as where I fly. Just hoping for suggestions!!!!

Cheers,
Matt
Any interest in Ireland?
Quote: no timeline and no guarantee there will ever be a bonus again. I don't recall there being an AC bonus recently for USA based Amex

got it

Thanks =)
Quote: Keep us posted. I transferred 130k last week.
tried twice..no luck