Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo Trip Report: Oh Prague! The Pearl of Europe - More LH Business Class Flying!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photo Trip Report: Oh Prague! The Pearl of Europe - More LH Business Class Flying!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Post Photo Trip Report: Oh Prague! The Pearl of Europe - More LH Business Class Flying!

Acquaintances and friends have told me what a wonderful city Prague is, and have recommended me to visit this historical city that was well preserved during the turbulent history of the two world wars of the 20th century.

I procrastinated over the years and opted for the more glamorous cities in Western Europe.

Procrastination no more! I have finally made it to Prague earlier this summer. It is a charming city with amazing architectures that can rival any cities in the world. But, the trip was more memorable than any of my travels to cities around the world over the years. It was memorable because of the state of my mind and the feelings of my soul were in a special place during the visit in Prague - a city many called the Pearl of Europe. My mind and soul were also rested in pearl - the beauty that catches one's eyes!

.....Stay Tuned!!

My other photo trip reports can be accessed by click on the titles below:

I AMsterdam - Walking through the canal City /LH Business Class
Colorlessly Stuck in a *A RTW Time Trap-1st Time on BA ClubWorld
RTW On *A -First Time in Australia- Featuring Brisbane!!
Escape to Paris/Mt.St.Michel via LH/A380(PEK-FRA)/EuroStar(LHR-BRU)/Thayls(BRU-PAR)!
Work Visits in Kuala Lumpur & Singapore-A Galore of SQ Flights!
Glimpse of Niagara Falls and Toronto - Experience Air Canada!
Rainy Night at Union Square! Experience UA & CO Premium Products!
The German Odyssey! Berlin/Mainz/Munich/Neuschwanstein/Rhine River
1st Time in Delhi! Experience 4 Different SQ 777 J Seats/Cabins
Colorlessly Stuck in A Time Trap - Another LH Asia-EU C Trip!
Discover Malta's Past and Present! LH C & 1st Time on Air Malta!
The Macau Differences -Turbojet Across the Mouth of Pearl River!
This is London! - Inaugural LH A380 Frankfurt-Beijing Service!!
Hi Seoul, Soul of Asia! - First time flying Asiana!
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg:EU-Asia on LH F & 1st time on Lux Air
Shanghai – An Old City with Modern Make-Ups; LH C from EU to Asia!
Guinness, Trinity, Walking around Dublin- Another LH C Trip Report!
Sleepless in Taipei - Cattle Class over Taiwan Strait on CA/CX!
Colorlessly Stuck in a Time Trap - Not Another UA F/C Transpac Trip!
Plaza Mayor/Heldenplatz, MAD/VIE, LH & 1st time on Austrian/Adria Airways!
Time Square Loses its Colors...Not Just Another UA Trip Report!
Godiva, Neuhaus - Sweeties of Brussels, LH/KA C, CX Wing & SAS Lounge
iPhone Photo Report:PEK-FRA-ZRH-MUC-PEK on LH/LX Business Class
Round-the World on UA (new F Suite), SQ A380/77W (Business), LH 744 (Business) and BD A320 (Business)

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 10, 2012 at 9:31 am
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pre-Departure @ PEK 1 of 2

Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Beijing Capital Airport (PEK)

From Wiki:

Beijing Capital has rapidly ascended in rankings of the world's busiest airports in the past decade. It had become the busiest airport in Asia in terms of passenger traffic and total traffic movements by 2009.

Beijing Capital International Airport is currently the second busiest airport in the world (as of 2011) in terms of passenger throughput behind Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

Terminal 3 was the largest airport terminal-building complex in the world to be built in a single phase with 1,200,000 m2 (13,000,000 sq ft) in total floor area at its opening. Terminal 3 is larger than London Heathrow Airport's 5 terminals combined with another 17% to spare.

Currently, Terminal 3 mainly houses Air China, Oneworld, Star Alliance, and other domestic and international flights. Star Alliance members LOT Polish Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines System, Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, United, Turkish Airlines, Thai Airways International, Singapore Airlines, and Air China use Terminal 3-E as part of the Move Under One Roof program to co-locate alliance members.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pre-Departure @ PEK 2 of 2

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Oct 1, 2012 at 3:09 am
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Introduction

2012 is unlike other years. Travels have been on the same pace as past several years, but grueling work demands in the office and on the road have taken the toll on doing photo trip reports. Taking photos and doing photo trip reports have been an escape for me while traveling alone, but work has affected the photo-taking side of my brain to focus.

The photo trip report I did on of one of my last 2011 trips -Colorlessly Stuck in a *A RTW Time Trap-1st Time on BA ClubWorld is a typical representation of my state of mind during a business trip. Fantastic locations and experiencing a new airlines, but my minds got bulked down from the work matters and feelings of loneliness on the road. Although the The Amsterdam photo trip report (that I am about to conclude shortly) was from one of my very first work trips in 2012, I found it hard to look for subject matters to photograph even in the amazing surroundings of Amsterdam. It was as if I was just starting to learn how to take photographs.

Since then, a whole lot has changed! Although grueling work demands and work travels persisted, things began to change and new energy seems to pop up from abysses. Since Amsterdam, I have travelled to Sydney, New York/DC, Miami, Chicago, Brussels, Bruges, Prague, Geneva, Stockholm, Taipei, Jakarta, Hong Kong, Singapore and flew a ton of ANA flights that I have not featured in any of my previous reports. Thousands of photos were taken during each trip with more trips lined up in Q4. All the sudden I get a burst of motivation to start digging through all the photos and hopefully some of them will become photo trip report materials in this forum in the coming months.

Prague, hopefully, is a good start….although it has taken me 9 months in 2012 to get here.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Oct 2, 2012 at 6:38 pm
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-FRA 1 of 4

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Oct 1, 2012 at 6:59 am
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Definitely book marking this. Prague is one of my favorite cities and I look forward to any report shot there.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-FRA 2 of 4

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Oct 2, 2012 at 4:16 am
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-FRA 3 of 4

Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Continited, DL, KLM/AF, AA, US, AS, AC, VS, LH, BA, QF, NH
Very nice; very much looking forward to the rest of the report. Which camera are you using these days?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PEK-FRA 4 of 4

Ethiad's special livery in Manchester City Football Team Color (English Premier League)

So proud to see the Ethiad A330 in the current English Soccer Champion Manchester City color. Ethiad is a sponsor of Manchester City including the team's stadium and playing kits. I have been a Manchester City supporter since 1977 when I was just a kid. It has taken the team 44 years to win the league title (last won in 1968).

After landing is FRA, it is a mad dash through the maze to find the intra-EU gates.

Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
Definitely book marking this. Prague is one of my favorite cities and I look forward to any report shot there.
Thanks very much for following this report. Yes, Prague is something else. It also grows on me.

When is your next TR? I love the one report you did on your train ride journey with you dad.

Originally Posted by NurseRatched
Very nice; very much looking forward to the rest of the report. Which camera are you using these days?
Thanks.

I have not changed my cameras yet, although there are temptations!

Canon G12 for most of the food and in-cabin and airport shots
Nikon D5100 for most of the location shots
iPhone to fill the gap when I don't have a camera around or don't have time to take out my camera.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Oct 3, 2012 at 5:18 pm
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FRA-PRA 1 of 2

The in-flight magazine showed the brand new seats in the 747-8, a plane that will be in my future trip report soon, I hope.

Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FRA-PRA 2 of 2

Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:43 am

Thanks for starting another photo trip report.

I am always intrigued by the composition of your photos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.