Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Santiago (Chile) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - left Hyatt 7/31/2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2002, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
Original Poster

Have reservations for Hyatt, Santiago and would love to hear from anyone who has stayed there. Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Very nice, you will not be disappointed. The Regency Club is great, nice spread & a great view. The pool is also very nice. Rooms are large with a sitting area and nice views.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 23, 2002, 12:29 am

Fantastic , Fantastic , Fantastic ...
try the Jap. Restaurant, and def. go for Regency Club - well worth it...

The GM is from Oz, nice Guy also ...

cheers - best wishes to all
Toby on the road

Old Aug 23, 2002, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very, very nice property. Great mountain views out the back. Big, beautiful comfortable rooms. Nice pool and a very nice restaurant out near the pool in a detached building.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 6:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Arrived at about 9am and although they could not find my reservation, they found me a Regency Club room, and offered a suite upgrade for an additional US$60 - but in fact they had run out.
Nice rooms, need a make over, but clean and well kept. No TV remote. No fast internet access.
Regency Club is nice - good breakfasts and evening snacks. Staff sometimes a bit distant but no other problems.
GREAT mountain views and friendly service at front desk - all round a good place to stay.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 8:25 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
Original Poster

I am here now and think the property is beautiful. Superb room (not a suite) with great view of mountains. Very cordial staff. Outstanding Regency Club. Fast internet access in the business center. Thanks to all who replied to my initial question. I could not be more pleased.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
As others have said, it's very nice and the split level rooms are great. However, I don't stay there anymore since I'd rather be in a part of town with more interesting night life. I now stay at the Park on Richard Lyon which is an excellent boutique hotel with great prices and wonderful service.

If you are in SCL for several days, I'd try both hotels.
Old Jan 11, 2003, 8:20 pm

Just stayed there last week on a faster free night stay. Did not get a reg club room - even though diamond. Only got access to the club after asking - the guy had to check and get back to me. Nice pool - except it was freezing - even in the middle of summer. The room is definitely nice, great views of mountains - room svc had some good Chilean dishes.

The hotel is about a 1000 peso ride to the nearest metro (Escular Militar) - approx $1.40. Alternatively, exit the hotel to the left, walk a few yards (50-100) towards the back of the hotel and flag down the Metro bus (Blue in color with 3 red diamonds on the side)- ride to the train station costs 220.
The hotel is a short walk to a large mall with movie theaters. Between the mall and the Marriott is a large Carefour store that has a large selection of local Chilean wines. Running between the Hyatt and Marriott at the side is a very large park (Auraco?) that is great for running and has lots of play areas for kids. It also has a very small aviary.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Any recent experiences?

Past comments seem very positive, and I'm thinking about using some FFNs there...but am a little put off by the non-central location.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Any recent experiences?

Past comments seem very positive, and I'm thinking about using some FFNs there...but am a little put off by the non-central location.
I don't know to/from where you travel once there, but I find myself using car service in Santiago and/or using public forms of transport regardless of which hotels I have stayed at in Santiago.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I haven't been there in some time, but the last time I was in SCL, I stayed at some little place on Victoria Subercaseux by Cerro Santa Lucia that was an easy walk to Bellavista, Providencia, etc.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I don't know to/from where you travel once there, but I find myself using car service in Santiago and/or using public forms of transport regardless of which hotels I have stayed at in Santiago.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 8:47 am

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Had a 1 night stay about a month ago. Upgraded to the Regency Club floor at check in but after inquiring about high speed internet access found out that only 2 floors (7 & 8) have been upgraded with the high speed access. Since I was on business and needed my laptop I took the non RC room. Seems strange to start upgrading internet service on the non RC floors.

As other posters said rooms are large but need a good make over and I heard from the RC staff that this will be happening soon.

Now the bad part. When I checked out I left my agenda book in the room. I realized it as soon as I got on my flight from SCL to ATL. I called the hotel as soon as I landed in ATL. They had found the agenda but the $200 Mont Blanc pen that was attached inside was not there. After speaking with the housekeeping manager and the security manager they said they would look into the matter. About 2 weeks later I received the agenda thru Fed Ex (after I supplied an account # to use) with a letter from the GM saying they did a complete investigation and turned up nothing. That was it. Nothing.

I have left a few items on hotels over the years and have always received them back at the hotels expense with no problems at all. Obviously someone at the Hyatt Santiago has a nice new writing instrument.

As a Diamond member I also expected a little more in the way of a "sorry about this" like a free night stay, coupon for dinner, something. I guess it doesn't matter anyway since I will not be staying at the Santiago property again when I return to Chile.

Yes it was my fault for leaving the item in the room but dishonest employees can not be tolerated.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
I have just completed a stay here. No problem( or charge) with an early check-in. Upgrade to an enormous suite complete with terrace. Great pool and garden. The club is great for continental style breakfast and enhanced by a spectacular view of The Andes. Internet login indicated a charge but this did not appear on the final bill...the check-out clerk mentioned that this was because of the new GP enhancements. This is a really nice hotel.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:33 pm

One of the better Hyatts.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
I guess they just don't like me there. I've always started there multiple times and have had to struggle to get any recognition as a Diamond each time and last year I had the worst service I've had in a hotel restaurant there ever.

Despite a small line, it took us over 10 minutes to get seated while rude people jumped in front of us in sight of the host and were seated first despite the dirtiest looks I could have possibly given him. When finally seated the wait staff completely ignored us for at least 20 minutes until I complained twice. Not once was I given an apology or any acknowledgment that they had failed in their execution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.