Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2002, 8:05 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

I am thinking about staying a night at this semi-new hotel. Has anyone stayed here yet? If so, what is it like?
Old Jun 10, 2002, 8:41 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
My parents LOVE this new Hyatt!!! I don't know if you are flying USAir or flying at all, but they said it is VERY convenient! They said they will try to fly more through PIT than CLT if there is a chance of a misconnect.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 4:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I have stayed here several times. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I have never gotten into a suite, despite asking....I don't even know if they have them as I have never pressed the issue for my very short stays.

Anyway, I have always been put in a beautiful King room, upgraded to Business plan, given breakfast, etc. Restaurant is very good for both breakfast and dinner.

They do a nice job!
Old Jul 7, 2002, 9:04 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

I did spend a night here a few weeks ago and forgot to update this thread. Thanks for the advice. The hotel was indeed very nice with the best feature being the very large bathroom. I didn't get to spend too much time in the hotel since I went to the Pirate game downtown but the hotel did not disappoint.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:45 pm

Applefan,

How far to the stadium from the Airport Hyatt? Public Transport available?
Old Jul 9, 2002, 7:12 pm

Location: PIT at school, PHL/ACY at home...US Airways Gold Preferred
A cab will cost an arm and a leg, as it's a 15-20 minute ride. Take the 28X Airport Flyer bus (catch it outside baggage claim) and get there in a half-hour for $2. They run every 20-30 minutes and are an absolute bargain.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 9:05 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

FlyingG,
The stadium is a about 20 minutes of so from the airport and ringmaruf's suggestion of the airport bus sounds good. I went to a night game so I did not look into this option. My experience with driving in Pittsburgh was horrible. Everything is under construction with closed bridges, detours and the such everywhere. This was my first time in Pittsburgh and I had no idea what it was like. It's very scenic with all of the bridges and hills but traffic is very bad because of these bridges and tunnels. However, PNC Park was a great experience. One of the best of the new breed of baseball stadiums.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I stayed recently, given the age of this thread - a few months ago.

It's clean and well-run. Generally, occupancy is mid-range, so it's usually not a problem to check in early if you have an early flight.

Pittsburghers as people are, IMHO, the most friendly people in the country, so the service is very friendly and reliable. Rooms are comfortable. There is no club, but there is a top-notch restaurant on site. Service there can be spotty at times depending on how it is staffed; but again, it's always friendly.

I really, really like this Hyatt.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
I have stayed there about half a dozen times in the last couple years, and completely concur with shinbal. Rooms are nice and well furnished.

Whenever I go to PIT, I arrive late in the evening. So what I really like about the hotel and PIT is the fact that I usually get from gate to my room in less than 15 minutes without having to go outside, and the next morning, I go from checkout to my rental car in less than 5 minutes, again without having to step outside.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Update:

I agree with shinbal 's review....except - either the chef changed or I was just extremely unlucky - because I had 3 meals here and 2 were not good. Some of the worst meals I have ever had at Hyatt - which is kind of unbelievable as one was a hamburger and one was a turkey club!
No lounge, so buffet breakfast coupon. Buffet was OK; fairly standard.

But liked the rooms , staff and convenience of property. Would stay here again....but would eat elsewhere!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
any suites available at this hotel?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 1:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Flight arrived from SEA last night at midnight so I decided to stay here. Very convenient to the airport. No Regency Club but they gave me breakfast coupons when I checked in and it was good for anything off the menu or the buffet. They also have allowed me to use the computer room for free (otherwise it is .30 per minute if you are not diamond). Upgraded to a executive king. Nice to have the separate room to be able to write/work/etc.

Kind of expensive imo but nice staff. The housekeeping seriously needs to be addressed though - went to take a shower last night and when I looked in the tub it looked as though it hadn't been cleaned for several nights (or not well).

I would (and am) definitely stay here again though for late night flights/early morning flights in/out of Pittsburgh.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ldsant
Flight arrived from SEA last night at midnight so I decided to stay here. Very convenient to the airport. No Regency Club but they gave me breakfast coupons when I checked in and it was good for anything off the menu or the buffet. They also have allowed me to use the computer room for free (otherwise it is .30 per minute if you are not diamond). Upgraded to a executive king. Nice to have the separate room to be able to write/work/etc.

Kind of expensive imo but nice staff. The housekeeping seriously needs to be addressed though - went to take a shower last night and when I looked in the tub it looked as though it hadn't been cleaned for several nights (or not well).
You can always walk over to the terminal (~500 feet) and use the free wireless there as well if you have a laptop.

Rate varies, I have seen it anywhere between $80 and $250 a night.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:41 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
How can a General Manager never be at their property? Over the last 4 weeks I have asked to speak with the GM at this property and have been told EVERY single time that she is not on property/not available. On vacation. Amazing. Truly. The fact that after 6 requests she is unable to return a phone call is just poor management in so many ways imo.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by ldsant
How can a General Manager never be at their property? Over the last 4 weeks I have asked to speak with the GM at this property and have been told EVERY single time that she is not on property/not available. On vacation. Amazing. Truly. The fact that after 6 requests she is unable to return a phone call is just poor management in so many ways imo.
So called 'Cluster Management' is quite common these days, especially for positions like GM at a hotel...basically they are in charge of several properties and only spend a limited amount of time at each hotel.

Alternatively, she made it to a nice Hyatt resort, benefits from the low employee rates and enjoys life.

Some GMs also do not like to interact with customers and are always on vacation or busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.