Need a nap at HND? Capsule Hotel now open

Subscribe
A capsule hotel has just opened at HND. Landside. Domestic Terminal 1, 1st floor.

It is operated by First Cabin group, which has been running what they call high class capsule hotels in Kyoto and Osaka.

Rate:
All Single Room
5,900 yen for First Class capsule.(/night/room)
4,900 yen for Business Class capsule.(/night/room)
1,000 yen :hourly rate for First Class capsule(2 hours minimum)
800 yen : hourly rate for Business Class capsule(2 hours minimum)

Link :
First Cabin Haneda website in English
Video from Tokyo MX TV.

There are capsules for males and females respectively. Shower booths and Japanese "sento" style bathrooms are equipped.
Looks like capsules are not booked up at this moment. I might want to try one.
Looks like there is no "business class" capsule at HND, just "first class." But Y900 an hour isn't a bad deal for a nap between planes.
Looks bigger than traditional capsule hotels. You can stand!
Quote: Looks like there is no "business class" capsule at HND, just "first class." But Y900 an hour isn't a bad deal for a nap between planes.
For clarification, I have updated the link above. Richard, they do have "business class", too. They seem to have not updated some of the pages with out-of-date info. Hourly rate is 800 yen for C and 1,000yen for F. 2 hours minimum.

Quote: Looks bigger than traditional capsule hotels. You can stand!
Yes, and there is no *?`% vertically upper capsules. ^

I have to add: this place has independent shower booths. 1,600 yen ($20) = 20 minutes shower + 90 minutes nap + 10 min grooming. Not bad.
It would take WAY longer than 10 minutes to groom me for anything!
Quote: It would take WAY longer than 10 minutes to groom me for anything!
I know. I've seen you doing your eyelashes on the subway.
OK, it will be late when I arrive my first night, so I booked one night in this "capsule." Will make a report when I get back. They did not ask for a credit card or anything. Does this mean I should be prepared to pay cash? I don't mind either way, would just like to know so I can withdraw sufficient Japanese currency.

Must edit as I have answered my own question. I see that they take your credit card when you arrive.
Quote: OK, it will be late when I arrive my first night, so I booked one night in this "capsule." Will make a report when I get back. They did not ask for a credit card or anything. Does this mean I should be prepared to pay cash? I don't mind either way, would just like to know so I can withdraw sufficient Japanese currency.

Must edit as I have answered my own question. I see that they take your credit card when you arrive.
In general, hotels in Japan don't require payment at the time of reservation, and you can pay using cash or credit card at all but the smallest independently-run hotels, ryokan, and minshuku.
Hey there folks - does anyone know if First Cabin has wifi in all cabins, and if it's free? I have been unable to find this information. I know the First Class cabins are listed as having LAN, and Business Class does not mention having LAN. But I saw a single review on TripAdvisor that seemed to say there is wifi in all cabins, so perhaps it's just the LAN jack missing from the business cabins?
Quote: Hey there folks - does anyone know if First Cabin has wifi in all cabins, and if it's free? I have been unable to find this information. I know the First Class cabins are listed as having LAN, and Business Class does not mention having LAN. But I saw a single review on TripAdvisor that seemed to say there is wifi in all cabins, so perhaps it's just the LAN jack missing from the business cabins?
As far as I can tell free wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
Thank you for the information. So, if I am arriving at 11 pm and leaving at 4 am... do I need to book "overnight"?
any stay report??
Quote: any stay report??
I saw one in Japanese for the "first class cabins" -- essentially, the "cabins" are separated from each other by partitions that are not fully ceiling-to-floor height, and from the corridor by a thin curtain. As a result the reviewer barely got any sleep due to footfalls, conversations, etc.

I would just as soon stay at one of the business hotels near Anamori Inari Station for a little bit more and use their free shuttle bus to HND.
I've stayed in the First Class in Namba (Oosaka), although it wasn't so much a capsule as much as it was a box with a sliding, unlocking (from the outside anyhow) door. But, it was clean, comfortable and for the area good value, though it could be a bit loud as the sararimen come trickling in. The individual showers were a Western bonus.
Please accept my apologies for resurrecting this thread if it's not appropriate.

I will be departing from Haneda International Terminal at 06:25am (BA) so I need somewhere to sleep, close to the area.

I have booked this First Capsule, as it seems really convenient, but it seems to be in Terminal 1, so I will need a way of transport around 4:30am to get to International Terminal. Public transport seems to start at late 5am, which would be dangerous.

What are my options? Could the front-desk of the First Capsule book a taxi? Is there any other way?
(Never been in a 'capsule-hotel' so I don't know what services do they provide).