SAA Business Class Row 1

Subscribe
Hi,

I will be traveling on and A-343 and an A-332 in business class, and I was wondering if row 1 is advisable for someone who is tall. In my experience on other carriers, the bulkhead row can sometime be more restrictive, and at other times more generous in legroom.

Can anyone speak to the legroom on these two aircraft in particular?

Thanks
On both aircraft types I would avoid. Space seems to be identical in terms of leg room, but you dont have the storage space for shoes, toiletry bag in the seat in front. Also overhead locker space is a problem.

On A332 row 1 and 4 are issues and on A343 row 1 and 15
Thanks for the tip, SAWorldVoyager!
I can confirm its exactly as stated above when I took this flight last month from JNB - LHR. Same leg room in row 1 but no storage in front of you.
Agree with the above. Legroom is identical (and copious) for all rows. You'll have to get up to reach the seat pocket in front of you
And it addition, row1 is sort of 'in the way' when one needs to visit the toilet during the night with the result that people walk into it. So avoid row 1 (and, for similar reasons, the last row in the cabin, which varies between 342, 343and 346)
Hoping that "The Wise Ones" can direct me (usually a UA flyer) on my first SAA flight and first trip to Africa. Doing LHR-JNB and CPT-LHR both in business on the A332 . Mr and Mrs Lurker traveling together. We prefer quiet seats and I like a window but am not too fussed (so if center row is notable advantage then I can live without my window).

Thanks in advance

Lurker
Quote: Hoping that "The Wise Ones" can direct me (usually a UA flyer) on my first SAA flight and first trip to Africa. Doing LHR-JNB and CPT-LHR both in business on the A332 . Mr and Mrs Lurker traveling together. We prefer quiet seats and I like a window but am not too fussed (so if center row is notable advantage then I can live without my window).

Thanks in advance

Lurker
The nice thing is that there are no 'bad' seat pairs in C on the 332. As mentioned above, it is best to avoid row 1 and row 4, as these are near the toilets which increases the probability of someone bumping into the seat during the night. But as both C cabins are very small (3 rows each), it's not a big problem. My favorite row is row 2. Window pairs are A/C and H/K, D/G is the middle pair. 2 A/C has usually got the most senior FA serving it, so possibly better service, but now we are beginning to split hairs .
As I started with: there are no bad seat pairs, so don't despair if you can't grab 2A/C!
thijsseh Thank you! Really looking fwd to it now!

Lurker