Flying outward with one airline, flying back with another

Subscribe
I'm planning to go to Benicassim Festival this year with some friends, and me and a mate are arriving in Spain a little later than everyone else. I've done some calculations and I've found that it is a lot cheaper to fly with Ryanair on the outward journey, and to fly BMI Baby back - including luggage both ways, it will come to £115 per person as opposed to £130+ if we went with just one airline on a return flight.

To put it bluntly, can I do this? Can I fly with one airline going out, and another going back? On the BMI baby website, it's automatically gone into euros thinking I'm a spanish citizen (because I'm flying 'outward' from there).

I just wanted to make sure before I bought any flights, and then not being able to get back.

Thanks!
Sure, it's done all the time. Flying Ryanair makes it a bit of a pain, but if you are prepared to deal with them, have at it (See Ryanair threads in this forum @:-) )

EmailKid
No problem w. OW / but BMI originating overseas?
As a theoretical matter, there's no issue of any kind in flying as many carriers as you want to cover the route you want.

In this limited circumstance, I'm not sure I'd originate on BMI overseas to save 15. If routes / schedules changed, you are a new pax originating and you can spend 15 on food, hotels & alternate transportation pretty quickly.