Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2001, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas {US-TX}

I recommend this property...have stayed there a couple of times over the last two months, once on the weekend and once during the week. It's about 8 miles from DFW. Good-sized rooms and bathrooms, plus fridge and microwave, big TV, coffee maker, big desk w/ laptop-hookup. Got comped two bottles of water.

Business center off the lobby which is free (although the computer modem was slow and the laser printer was on the fritz). Free workout room. Lobby bar from 5-11pm. No real restaurant, but weekday full breakfast buffet 6:30-9:30am for $3.00 - and the food was actually hot! (Continental breakfast on weekends.) No charge for reaching my long-distance service from the room (hotel phone charges are one of my pet peeves). Convenience store-type area (what do they call them...Pantries?) if you want to nuke dinner instead of going out, but there are restaurants/stores all around the area. Staff was nice and helpful. All in all, a good experience for a value property.
Old Feb 23, 2001, 10:22 pm

Do you happen to know if they also have a 24 hrs/day courtesy car to the airport?
Old Feb 24, 2001, 2:29 am
Original Poster

No courtesy car. A taxi from DFW is about $18.00.
Old May 5, 2002, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas, Texas

Any comments about this property would be appreciated.
Old May 5, 2002, 6:47 pm

Programs: Skymiles Seeking Segment FO
One stay 3-7-02. On a par with other Garden Inns. I believe they were offering a fine breakfast buffet (comped with elite status,) but it doesn't begin until 6:30 am, too late for my early morning flight. There are inumerable restaurants within a half mile of the hotel. It is about a ten minute drive from the perimeter of DFW.
Old May 5, 2002, 7:58 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
I just stayed all last week at the Las Colinas area. I wanted to stay at the Hilton, but the prices were too high

So I ended up using Hotwire for my ticket, and I got the Omni Las Colinas for $56

You might want to use that as an option.

I joined their Select Guest Program, and got orange juice cofee, and newspaper delivered each morning, Free
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:06 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Lovely, lovely hotel. Great staff. Left too early to sample breakfast.

Beautiful pool area.

A nice summer point-stretcher for 12.5K points. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.