Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo Trip Report: Glimpse of Niagara Falls and Toronto - Experience Air Canada!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photo Trip Report: Glimpse of Niagara Falls and Toronto - Experience Air Canada!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Post Photo Trip Report: Glimpse of Niagara Falls and Toronto - Experience Air Canada!

Canada can be so close to an American and can also be far. Because it is so close to the US, some may glance it over when looking for foreign adventures. I am one of those who had been glancing Canada over until I got sent packing to China. Toronto has become one of my frequently visited cities this year.

Unfortunately, quick in and out business visits don’t get me much time to capture photos. After scrambling for precious personal time, I did manage to do a quick tour of the magnificent Niagara Falls and squeezed early morning and evening walks in the city of Toronto…….all were made possible via flying Air Canada (transcon, midcon, short-haul and intercontinental flights)

..........Stay Tuned!

My other photo trip reports can be accessed by click on the titles below:

Rainy Night at Union Square! Experience UA & CO Premium Products!
The German Odyssey! Berlin/Mainz/Munich/Neuschwanstein/Rhine River
1st Time in Delhi! Experience 4 Different SQ 777 J Seats/Cabins
Colorlessly Stuck in A Time Trap - Another LH Asia-EU C Trip!
Discover Malta's Past and Present! LH C & 1st Time on Air Malta!
The Macau Differences -Turbojet Across the Mouth of Pearl River!
This is London! - Inaugural LH A380 Frankfurt-Beijing Service!!
Hi Seoul, Soul of Asia! - First time flying Asiana!
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg:EU-Asia on LH F & 1st time on Lux Air
Shanghai – An Old City with Modern Make-Ups; LH C from EU to Asia!
Guinness, Trinity, Walking around Dublin- Another LH C Trip Report!
Sleepless in Taipei - Cattle Class over Taiwan Strait on CA/CX!
Colorlessly Stuck in a Time Trap - Not Another UA F/C Transpac Trip!
Plaza Mayor/Heldenplatz, MAD/VIE, LH & 1st time on Austrian/Adria Airways!
Time Square Loses its Colors...Not Just Another UA Trip Report!
Godiva, Neuhaus - Sweeties of Brussels, LH/KA C, CX Wing & SAS Lounge
iPhone Photo Report:PEK-FRA-ZRH-MUC-PEK on LH/LX Business Class
Round-the World on UA (new F Suite), SQ A380/77W (Business), LH 744 (Business) and BD A320 (Business)
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank You!

This has been a really tough year at all fronts.

Work obligations are at all time high, and travel demands have been almost unbearable. Because of the nature of my work, I have to deal with the media/press often, and the frustrations of being misquoted in the media and then having to deal with strong views expressed by those who read those misquotes have generally caused me to shy away from expressing any views publicly.

At home front, a major weather-related damage to the house is causing a significant disruption to the personal life ( we have been staying in hotel rooms for a while) and burned a hole in my wallet. Not to mention I lost the entire set of my Nikon DSLR kit at the begining of the year.

The expereince with the media at work has indirectly causing me to withraw from posting and expressing views here on Flyertalk. The alternative is to just read hundreds of posts (to fulfill my TB obligations) and posting photos trip reports instead of expressing in words. I have found myself escaping to FT to read and have spent more time on FT than any other years, but the post count is the lowest since I have joined in. It is an escape from reality to read many of the blogs here, but I have withdrawn myself from postings because of the work experience having to deal with misquotes in public.

I think I have written more in this single post than in the combined posts I have had this year in FT. Anyway, doing this photo trip report is another attempt to help me escape from the daily burden at work, home, travel and dealing with the public at work.

This trip report will consists of the following parts (all segments flown on Air Canada):

1. SFO-YYZ
2. Park Hyatt Toronto
3. Niagara Falls
4. YYZ-MIA
5. LGA-YYZ
6. Toronto
7. YYZ Maple Leaf Lounge
8. YYZ-PEK

I have been getting private comments since my last photo trip reports. Some of them suggested that I should change the ways I photograph the subject matters. Some felt my photos may not be suitable for trip reports because the various angles or perspectives I have shown in my photos. Others feel I should just be myself and do the type of trip report I am used to and should freely expressing myself through my camera. Another comment is that I should have explained more at the begnning of the TR... as one commenter said that my TRs lack of focus and a central theme, and readers may get lost what I am trying to convey.

Thanks for all the comments. I hope this post has expressed the state of my mind and at least gives you an idea that will be presented in the coming posts.

Now, let me show you Air Canada, Niagara Falls and Toronto through my camera lens.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Aug 13, 2011 at 5:26 pm
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:21 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
UA_Flyer

As someone who has written the odd trip report (and without getting all warm and apple pie on you), remember just one thing. Be true to yourself.

Your trip reports are a work of brilliance. The attention to detail, the care you take and above all, the amazing photography.

You set the bar which everyone else can only hope to aspire to. Keep doing what you do.

Don't change a thing.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SFO

Other than one PEK-EWR flight on CO, all my transpac flight into US has been routed through SFO on UA. I landed on UA 888 early in the morning at the SFO International Terminal. Since I had a three-hour wait for the the AC SFO-YYZ flight, I decided to use the SFO Arrival-by-United facility to get freshed up for before the connecting flight.

Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:16 am

I'm curious to see my home city and your travels to and from it through the view of your camera lens as I have thoroughly enjoyed many of your other trip reports.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:53 pm

Wonderful photos, especially the twisted hand railing!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yay, another UA_Flyer TR!

Love the teaser photos. Did you get everyone in the crowd to look at you for that photo?

The 'falls photo is great also. Amazing colours. Looking forward to the subsequent updates!

Very sorry to hear of your personal issues. Be assured that you are very welcome here, please use FT as an escape from reality. That way everyone benefits, as we get to see your amazing TRs.

Last edited by matthandy; Aug 14, 2011 at 7:18 pm
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: Miles & More;
Nice teaser Photos indeed...

i am just sitting in Singapore Airport and waiting for my flight home - its nice to know i have one more of your great photo reports to read when i arrive
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

eightblack and matthandy,

Thanks very much for your support and kind words. Your trip reports have been great to read. Love your styles and writings, which I can only envy.

Matt, the crowd photo was done with the help of my tour bus guide.

evanderm, you live a wonderful city...unfortunately my photos won't do your great city justice. I was too busy to really look for things to photograph. I hope to get another chance.

ARJ85, look forward to your next trip report. I am glad you are at SIN...I am stuck in the rain in Shenyang airport in China at the moment.

Thanks everyone for the support and comments!^
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: BA
I do love your photo reports, and thoroughly looking forward to this one given I did a recent trip to Toronto myself (which included a trip to the Falls) - all of captured in the link in my sig. Please do stick to being yourself as I love your photography style - I particularly loved some recent(ish) ones of aircraft photographed as their reflection on the side of terminal buildings.

Very sorry to read of your issues with the press (I can relate), and housing issues (luckily I cannot relate).
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Leaving SFO

My choices from SFO-YYZ were UA (A320) and AC (A319). I have heard good things about the AC IFE and meal services. The fare based EQM offered by AC to M+ memebers made the choice easier to make.

This must have been the worst kept (exterior paint condition) A319 in the UA fleet.

View of San Francisco from Above

View of Oakland from Above
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:18 pm

Yikes on that UA 319. I've seen some planes in bad shape, but that one really does take the cake. Hopefully it will be in for the new livery sooner rather than later.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On Board of AC A319

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Aug 16, 2011 at 8:18 am
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malkie
I do love your photo reports, and thoroughly looking forward to this one given I did a recent trip to Toronto myself (which included a trip to the Falls) - all of captured in the link in my sig. Please do stick to being yourself as I love your photography style - I particularly loved some recent(ish) ones of aircraft photographed as their reflection on the side of terminal buildings.

Very sorry to read of your issues with the press (I can relate), and housing issues (luckily I cannot relate).
Thanks for your comments. I read all three of your TRs. Great Read.....and also congratulations!!!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: BA
No problem at all Glad you enjoyed my TRs. I genuinely enjoy writing them as it gives me time to reminisce about how much I enjoyed my travels. I don't fly too much, so still each time it's somewhat unique - however I've restricted my TRs to those which were special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.