Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

New Promo: Earn up to 2 United tickets - 1 First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:13 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Simply fly three qualifying roundtrips on United, United Express or Ted between February 9, 2004 and June 15, 2004 and get one free* Economy roundtrip ticket. Fly a total of six qualifying trips and earn another free roundtrip ticket — this time in First class.

Details of this promotion:
• Travel must be roundtrip and Economy travel cannot include a Saturday night stay.
• Roundtrip travel may be to any destination served by United, United Express or Ted.
• Ticket may be booked in any booking class in United First, Business or Economy Class.
• Qualifying travel must take place between February 9 and June 15, 2004.
• Passenger must be a Mileage Plus member and must register for this offer by April 15, 2004. You must provide your Mileage Plus number at the time of booking for flights to count toward the free ticket.
• Maximum of two free tickets may be earned.
• Free roundtrip ticket valid for travel on United, United Express or Ted in the contiguous 48 United States. For residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the free ticket is valid for roundtrip travel from these locations to the contiguous 48 states.
• Ticketing for the free roundtrip ticket is valid starting 4/1/04. The travel period for the free ticket is 9/1/04-6/15/05.
• You will receive your free ticket 4-6 weeks after the completion of your last qualifying flight. </font>
This promo is clearly aimed at the business traveler, given that qualifying flights can NOT include a Saturday stay. And for once, UA has gotten it right with the carrot of a trip in First.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Is there a registration?

This can be easy with these great same day T fares!
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:21 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

To qualify, you must register at united.com/fly3fly6 or call 1-800-541-4184.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:25 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zrs70:
Is there a registration?

This can be easy with these great same day T fares!
</font>
To qualify, you must register at united.com/fly3fly6 or call 1-800-541-4184. Promotion Code: MPD584. Here is the link to register online: http://www.united.com/promoreg?title....&pcode=MPD584

Here is the link to T&C: http://www.united.com/page/article/0...Ffly3fly6terms

[This message has been edited by ecmt (edited Feb 09, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by ecmt (edited Feb 09, 2004).]
Old Feb 9, 2004, 1:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz P Circle
Since the fly 2 fly free promo is combinable with other offers, the two flights should qualify as part of this promo too, is that correct? That would be too cool!

I'm not sure I agree with how they are targetting business travelers. All my business travel are international, and are at least 2 weeks in length, so they wouldn't qualify!
Old Feb 9, 2004, 1:48 am

They're targeting business travellers who aren't staying over weekends while out of town.

And you're right, there is no restriction from combining this with other offers... So the '1 for 2' promotion between NYC/BOS/EWR and California would qualify as two of your three trips. (Or four of your six if you double them up.)

Not a bad deal. I'm doing SFO-BOS MRs in early March with my daughter to get the free international tickets. Guess I'll have to add on a MR to PHX to catch the opening of Spring Training between the CUBS and GIANTS.

Play Ball!

[This message has been edited by scorkey (edited Feb 09, 2004).]
Old Feb 9, 2004, 4:53 am

Programs: NW PE, Marriott Gold, Alamo-what are they calling it this week?
If they are targeting the business traveler by requiring no Sat night stay, they will be missing it in the STL-ORD market. With a base fare of $108 r/t, they won't be reaping much.

Now, how difficult will it be to book a FC seat with all of the freebies (excuse me, earned bonuses) floating around?
Old Feb 9, 2004, 4:59 am

Give 'em credit where it's due -- they're pulling out all the stops to make sure their best customers keep on flying UA.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I got a bit excited about this til I read the fine print about the no Sat overnight stays. I only fly internationally and pretty much always stay over a Saturday. What a crummy qualifier!
Old Feb 9, 2004, 5:08 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Right now ORD-MKE is pricing out ~150ish. Register, put the promo in your pocket and keep an eye out for T-fares. The promo last quite a while.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 5:42 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Oh boy. I see some unplanned $58 tickets in my future.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:59 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Does anybody know if there is a limit to the number of tickets you can earn? In other words, can you continue to do this promotion again and again or is it 1 free class ticket period? Thanks. (it's early -I read the T&C and can't seem to find it).
Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ldsant:
Does anybody know if there is a limit to the number of tickets you can earn? In other words, can you continue to do this promotion again and again or is it 1 free class ticket period? Thanks. (it's early -I read the T&C and can't seem to find it). </font>
A maximum of two free tix may be earned (from the T/C above).

Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those that are worried about the Saturday night stay requirement & travelling internationally. If you're flying in paid C or F, it doesn't matter - there is no stay requirements - only those those who are traveling in paid Y have stay requirements:

Min/Max Stay Requirements: First Class roundtrip travel and Business Class roundtrip travel have no stay requirements. Economy Class roundtrip travel may not include a Saturday night stay.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 8:08 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Mahalo for the wonderful info Carol...

Blessings...

------------------
Patrick A. Inouye, LMT
volunteer trip reports moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.