Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA status match Gold / Plat for elites of certain airlines, specific companies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA status match Gold / Plat for elites of certain airlines, specific companies

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2010, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-Plat
Question AA status match Gold / Plat for elites of certain airlines, specific companies

perhaps belongs under the status match master thread, but possibly relevant to this one as well. found this while searching for other airlines' status match info:

http://globalsales.aa.com/portals/ma...2B8F7295E7F2A7

obviously under globalsales site of AA, but could be available to some looking for status match opportunities without a challenge, but only up to platinum.

one curiosity is BA is on the list, otherwise, no other OW partners ... and NW is on the list still for some reason ...
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This actually belongs in its own thread.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2.8 MM,UA-GS 1.3 MM,DL-PL,HH-DM,LH-SEN,Bonvoy-GL
Doyou have to be an employee of a certain company to get it ? as it asks for employee number and name of company
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Desperate times require desperate measures! Luckily they haven't decided to comp EXP with this promotion. Does anyone know how long the status granted would last?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:20 pm

So I take it AA does not feel that it has too may elites. Maybe this means DBLEQ is not out of the picture. haha
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:32 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This website linked in the first post is only meant for employees at selected companies. Unless you actually work for a company that has a contract with AA and has negotiated status matches for employees, good luck actually getting the status matched. It's not going to happen.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This page has been around for ages and is specifically for the corporations where AA offers staff members, status matches.

This is not a general status match page for general use

Dave
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:26 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
For BA Gold Card holder: what card level AA offers Gold or Platinum ?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:57 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Does anyone have a company name that works...?

Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Does anyone have a company name that works...?

Yes ; I have used it in the past

Dave
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:01 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Based on this, you just fill out the form and for other airline elite status its just a drop down; how would they even know if you are just BS'ing them or do they have access to a db that shows if you really are elite or not? I don't see where it asks you to fax in your credentials from another airline?

if this has been around a long time; why does it say for a limited time?

what is OA number?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Based on this, you just fill out the form and for other airline elite status its just a drop down; how would they even know if you are just BS'ing them or do they have access to a db that shows if you really are elite or not? I don't see where it asks you to fax in your credentials from another airline?

if this has been around a long time; why does it say for a limited time?

what is OA number?
There are only certain corporations with which this is valid to be used. On the intranet site of one company , istr that the instructions regarding use of this required that the email address used on the form must be a company email address for the company with the status match agreement ; this matches with the instruction on the web page which states "Please enter the your company e-mail address twice for verification."

They do send email to the address used

OA Program Level = Other Airline's Program Level ; when Airline program is seletced, then the OA field will give a drop down list of status levels for that scheme

It has been a "limited time" offer for several years now

This is not a generally available status match offer and not accessible via links on the main AA webpages

If you are working for an appropriate corporation , it is a nice benefit; as far as validating the status, not sure that they do manage that very well ; I suspect that it works more on trust than anything else due to privacy laws

I wouldn't be trying it out if not working for an appropriate corporation though

Dave
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
So how would one find out if he or she qualifies?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by cozkay
So how would one find out if he or she qualifies?
Check with your company's travel department?

I'm assuming Dave Noble's information above, that only employees of certain companies qualify, is correct--and have no reason to doubt what he's said.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thread retitled, thanks to Dave Noble's information. / Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.