Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Global Services threshold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2003, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
United Global Services threshold

Anyone know what it takes per year in spending?

If I knew it I'd be likely to push more of my other business to get there. But I'm not likely to lose another status unknowing if I'll get there or not.

Anyone care to post what they spent to get it so we can try to figure it out?

An educated guess based upon reading posts of those who have it: $30,000 - $50,000 at a high.

Also, I would guess partners don't count but code shares do. Has to be a UA ticket for only revenue to be able to be counted.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 10:01 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

I am soooo tired of falling on deaf ears....

500 tickets at $100 a pop for a total spend of $50,000 will probably not get you into UGS. 5 tickets at $10,000 a piece may. It is not just total revenue UA is looking at.....
Old Jan 16, 2003, 10:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:

500 tickets at $100 a pop for a total spend of $50,000 will probably not get you into UGS. 5 tickets at $10,000 a piece may. It is not just total revenue UA is looking at.....
</font>
Exactly.

Btw, I don't see why we need yet another thread since all of them serve the same purpose. The other ones are all multi-page threads with many people commenting on how much they spent. It seems pretty clear by this point that if you spend $50,000 a year your probably set. I guess I don't see the point of trying to guess because it's not a static thing, nor will it ever probably be.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:

</font>

Anyone want to post some data? One guy said he buys 6 Trans Atlantic F tickets per year and that's all it took.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Before making any purchase decisions, I might suggest waiting until we se what kind of services are in fact being provided to UGS cardholders. Then you'll be able to evaluate just how much that's worth to you.

Then, it doesn't seem unreasonable to call United and ask the question. Not sure how far you'll get (epecially if they don't take you seriously, they might guard these things relatively closely). However, saying "I understand there's a new level of recognition run by WHQ for top spenders. I'd like to find out how much I will need to spend in order to earn that recognition, so I can increase my United business accordingly" might work.

I'd want to know -- not just speculate -- both about how much to spend and what I'd get in return before making purchase decisions.

(That's one of the nice things about a published program such as Mileage Plus which creates clear goals for FFers.)
Old Jan 17, 2003, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LAOCA:

Anyone want to post some data? One guy said he buys 6 Trans Atlantic F tickets per year and that's all it took.
</font>
Have you priced 6 transatlantic F fares? Six F fares JFK to LHR are $70,000 and change based on the price the UA web page is showing this morning.

Old Jan 17, 2003, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Then, it doesn't seem unreasonable to call United and ask the question. Not sure how far you'll get (epecially if they don't take you seriously, they might guard these things relatively closely). However, saying "I understand there's a new level of recognition run by WHQ for top spenders. I'd like to find out how much I will need to spend in order to earn that recognition, so I can increase my United business accordingly" might work.
</font>
And I suspect that you'll get further by having your travel agent or corporate travel department ask the question of the local UA sales rep for you, rather than trying to call into the UA organization yourself (unless you're particularly well connected into the organization).

Greg
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:15 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GadgetFreak:
Have you priced 6 transatlantic F fares? </font>
I've bought them. And about a hundred C class.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC

</font>

I don't believe that's entirely true. I've got a UGS friend who flew 200,000 miles between LAX and EWR for a project this year. Maybe 4-6 of 50 tickets were Y or B, but by and large the tickets were $300 a pop. Sounds like only $20k (+/-)in revenue to me. My theory is that my friend qualified for flying an obscene number of domestic miles--and presumably has high potential for future revenue.

[This message has been edited by wildblueyonder (edited 01-17-2003).]
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LAOCA:
I've bought them. And about a hundred C class.</font>

So then you know that it comes to way over the 30-50K threshold you are talking about.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
As Flip Wilson's Geraldine used to say:

"When you're hot, you're hot - when you're not, you're not!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.