Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Mexico City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 12, 2024, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

St Regis Mexico City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:18 pm

Stayed recently and had a fantastic 2 night stay. Great room, my daughter loved the pool and workout room. Breakfast was excellent. Service is great. And the rate per night was 84 + tax. No idea why as I was quoted a higher rate of 160 + per night.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by mjmqm
And the rate per night was 84 + tax. No idea why as I was quoted a higher rate of 160 + per night.
That has to be the best value SPG quoted rate I've ever seen - and frankly by quite some distance.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
That has to be the best value SPG quoted rate I've ever seen - and frankly by quite some distance.
Was based on the stay two nights with the second night free. Includes Breakfast and late checkout. First night was 340 + tax. Half the rack rate. No idea why the total was 225 us including some wifi charges. My wife was confused and as usual wanted to argue. I had to drag her out and explain its a good deal...
Old Dec 5, 2014, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Me too. Wow.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
Just a quick heads up: there's a building under construction on the northeast side that has very bright lights that kind of ruin the night-time view of the city. We asked to move to the other side on the second day of our stay (with no problem; from regular room to regular room). The construction workers work really hard (late, and even Christmas day -- I truly hope they got ++overtime!), but noise wasn't a problem.

Recommendation for romantic dinner in: get take out (or have the butler bring it) from J&G.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:16 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Just arrived this afternoon. So far, love the Exec Suite (essentially a junior suite), and the butler unpacked for me, changed dinner reservations around for me (my friend has been delayed multiple times already), and brought me a snack on the house. So far, love this property.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:31 am
Suspended

Just got back from this property. Pleasantly surprised.

While I 1000% agree with those who say "this could be anywhere and there is nothing distinctly Mexican about it"....I don't find that to be a per se issue. So what? Las Alcobas is hardly like staying at a mom/pop hacienda either.

My only real complaint was slow service at King Cole and a butler who - for the life of her - did not know how to brew a cup of tea.

Otherwise, a huge win on this stay.

I will be VERY conflicted on my next MEX trip....LA or StR? Who knows.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Just competed two night stay. Received very nice upgrade. This could be anywhere in the world of SR. We were happy for it. The service, staff, food and finishings were superb. There is street and little construction noise but I attribute that to a big city. Breakfast in Diana was acceptable. Lunch on the terrace at Diana was great.

This is my second trip into MEX and the feel in the areas we visited were refreshing. Always felt safe. The FOOD is wonderful. Nobu and Profirios in Polanco. Amazing. If you want to have a fun and lively dinner with professional locals go to Profirios. We also found a great place for lunch behind the Four Seasons. Argentine restaurant on Calle Hamburgo. Party of 4 with lots of drinks around $300 for dinner at Nobu. Profirios dinner same at $200. Argentine lunch around $100. All USD.

We liked the Hotel car drop service. No of our rides even into Polanco was more than 200 pesos. The car dropped us at the Park entrance and we walked back after visiting the Castle.

There is no doubt on my return to MEX the SR will be our "home". Life be good!
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Nice feature about the hotel here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-capital.html
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, Marriott
St. Regis Mexico City - Mexico City December trip

St. Regis Mexico City

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

St. Regis Mexico City

Paseo De La Reforma 439 Colonia Cuauhtemoc Mexico City, MX 06500

Mexico City December trip (0 Photo)

St. Regis Mexico City

Great hotel but can improve on housekeeping.

Check In

Attentive curbside assistance, attentive check in person, offfered champagne during check in and good quick experience. Plat upgrade to suite.

Room

Nice room, good bed, good room controls, Apple Lightnining dock station. Decent work desk.

Service

Butler service though butlers changed during my two day stay. Not particularly good service...

1. Coffee machine was broken. I called in the morning and they sent me a coffee to the room - great. However, I had to call again that evening for them to replace the machine. I practicaly had to convince the guy that I needed a new machine...

2. When they cleaned up my room. They had not picked up dirty glasses.. Why?

3. My toiletries were totally rearranged. Again, why?

Great location with nice views.

Mexico City December trip

Would you like to write a review on the St. Regis Mexico City?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
No more recent reviews? TA reviews are quite variable
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:32 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by estnet
No more recent reviews? TA reviews are quite variable
I've had two recent stays at this property. Anything in particular you're wondering about?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was here a couple of weeks ago for a quick stay related to a work function. Good treatment that was on par with St Regis brand elsewhere, booked car service both ways and was upgraded a car level both ways as a courtesy. Tried out several of the eating and drinking establishments and enjoyed them. Had drinks outside on the deck which was very nice. Location is nice, the park is a few blocks walk and then a nice walk under cedar trees.

Surprised that TA reviews are variable, I had nothing to raise concerns.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Thanks to both of you. I am especially interested in Platinum benefits (esp upgrade to suite)
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:40 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by estnet
Thanks to both of you. I am especially interested in Platinum benefits (esp upgrade to suite)
During one stay, the property was full so I did not receive a suite upgrade. But the standard 50 sq m room was plenty big for me. Platinum breakfast is either in Diana Restaurant (Monday-Saturday) on floor 3 or JG Grill (Sundays) on floor 2. No MAGC at this property.

Next stay, I was upgraded to a luxury suite (over 100 sq m). 6 person dining room table, fresh flowers throughout, big living room, small sitting area in bedroom, large bathroom with steam room in the shower. (Base suite is the executive suite. I was fortunate to get the "double upgrade" to the higher level suite.)

Offered 4pm checkout proactively both stays. Butlers were delightful; restaurant staff and head porter remembered my name from previous stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.