Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA SEN Lounge - No More Smoking

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2004, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, LH, FB, Eurostar, SIXT Platinum, SLH, Sofitel Gold, Marriott Silver, Club Lee Gold
FRA SEN Lounge - No More Smoking

Visited the SEN lounge near Gate A25 on Monday evening - first day of their new 'Breath of Fresh Air' policy.

Two extra wardens were positioned in front of the front desk giving out leaflets and pointing out that there is no more smoking in the SEN lounge and that smokers should use the smoking section in the Business Lounge next door.

Don't know if this is applied to all SEN lounges at FRA but it certainly made this one more pleasant.

No sign of the change in HAM, MUC or DUS this week though - maybe a single trial for now?

Last edited by Johnnie W; Jun 2, 2004 at 4:35 am Reason: Correct gate number
Old May 26, 2004, 11:03 am

Better late then never. Any news on when the rest of the system (i.e. other LH lounges) will get to enjoy that "breath of fresh air"?
Old May 26, 2004, 11:07 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Great news .
Old May 26, 2004, 11:17 am

Been at the SEN lounge in concurse B on Sunday 23rd and Tuesday 25th.
Smoking as usual.
No change what so ever.
Old May 26, 2004, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I have never understood FRA airport's way of giving a table in the middle of the terminal as a "Smokers' Area" when there is no special exhaust to take the smoke away from the general area. One can smell smoke whenever one is in the terminal no matter where - depending on where the down draft is!
Old May 26, 2004, 2:52 pm

Hey, now that A26 lounge has the worst facilities of all F lounges in the world, granted some are nearby at the FTL lounge, but still:

-no smoking
-no pissing
-no showering
-no TV watching
-no Champagne drinking (BTW does anyone know what that disgusting stuff is they give you when ordering Champagne?)
-no sitting (almost always)
-no free WLAN
-no friendly wardens (again only almost always)

but at least they replaced one of the burned out Plasma-screens, so you are now again able to read the Gate numbers AND that "very stylish" curtain selling the new C to bored to death F class loungers .....

BTW: did I mention: no central location ?
Old May 26, 2004, 10:09 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Finally! That was about time because the SEN lounges in FRA were a real health hazard for non-smokers like myself. I'm sure you were able to get your weekly nicotine dose there between two quick AirRail runs
Old May 27, 2004, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by paulusst
-no Champagne drinking (BTW does anyone know what that disgusting stuff is they give you when ordering Champagne?)
Chateaux Migraine
Old May 27, 2004, 3:30 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by curt
Chateaux Migraine
^ ^ ^
Old May 27, 2004, 8:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Too Funny

good one, curt
Old May 27, 2004, 8:41 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by curt
Chateaux Migraine
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^
Old May 27, 2004, 10:33 am

Programs: LH Sen; BA Gold; HH Diamond; *W Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnie W
No sign of the change in HAM, MUC or DUS this week though - maybe a single trial for now?
In MUC and DUS people were smoking as always today . LH tests the acceptance of this new service and might roll it out to other lounges afterwards. If you are in FRA, it would be great to mention how much better you fell, due to the fact that there is no smoking any longer. ^
Old May 27, 2004, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
And now for all you totally anti smoking types there will be a centrally located farting section, ideal for those of you who have been squeezing them back in for the 10 or 12 hours. The location will also be equipped with hand held palm fans so you can waft in any direction you like, not just at smokers, but those annoying loud mouth mobile phone users, extra loud mouth North Americans who find it impossible to talk lower than semi shouting and of course the guy who insists on putting all his carry on around the seats near him to stop you finidng a seat when it gets busy.
Old May 28, 2004, 3:20 pm

I was in the A51 SEN lounge today. Like in the A25 lounge, smoking was not allowed. I mentioned how much I appreciated this step and the lounge attendant thanked me very much (she was a non-smoker as well) and said that she will note the appreciation. She also mentioned that the B SEN lounge is still a smoking lounge since it doesn't have a FTL/business lounge next door/is a combined lounge like the two SEN lounges in A.

As this is still a test project, feel free to express your thoughts on this step to the attendant. Maybe that way we we'll find a suitable solution for both non-smokers and smokers.

Dave
Old May 29, 2004, 12:19 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by paulusst
does anyone know what that disgusting stuff is they give you when ordering Champagne?
Sekt most probably. If it's any comfort they serve the same stuff in BA lounges in Germany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.