Wiki Posts
Search

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2003, 10:49 pm
OMG
Original Poster

Is this possible?

Can anyone in this forum tell me if this is possible?

I have a flight from MSP to MCO with a connection in EWR. On the return flight from MCO to MSP, can I request my luggage be checked in only to EWR and skip the last segment to MSP. The following day I will have a flight out from EWR, and was wondering if NWA would cancel my EWR itin. for any reasons. Also, would NWA allow me to reschedule my EWR to MSP segment at a later date?

Old May 24, 2003, 11:42 pm

Its not possible. Sorry.
Old May 24, 2003, 11:47 pm
OMG
Original Poster

Which part, the rescheduling of the last segment, or checking luggage only to EWR?

Would NWA cancel my trip from EWR?

Please clarify.
Old May 25, 2003, 1:06 am

As far as using the EWR-MSP portion of the ticket at a later time - not possible. You have a ticket from point A to point C (in your case MCO-MSP) and whether or not the airline connects you at point B or flys you nonstop, there is no "real" Newark in your ticket.

Short checking of luggage: for reasons, including the one above, you are not allowed to check luggage short of your destination. This also helps prevent "hidden city" ticketing.

Sorry these are not the answers your were hoping for...

Old May 25, 2003, 2:25 am

Programs: NW PE, Marriott Gold, Alamo-what are they calling it this week?
I believe if you schedule the last flight into EWR, you can schedule the first flight out of EWR the next morning, the agent can force a connection to get a through fare. Only way I know.

Old May 25, 2003, 2:29 am

Programs: NW PE, Marriott Gold, Alamo-what are they calling it this week?
I believe you can schedule the last flight into EWR and the first flight in the morning to MSP. The agent can force a connection to give you a through fare. The only way I know to do this - but you will not get a full day in EWR, just a hotel bill.
Old May 25, 2003, 8:36 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
If you had purchased a circle trip (two or more cities in the ticket) you could fly MCO/EWR and then continue on the next leg EWR/MSP.

on most domestic non refundable tickets I have used stopovers are prohibited.

On international flights there is usually (1) one stopover in a gateway city allowed.

Good Luck!

RC

[This message has been edited by Radiocycle (edited 05-25-2003).]
Old May 26, 2003, 10:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by OMG:
Can anyone in this forum tell me if this is possible?

The following day I will have a flight out from EWR, and was wondering if NWA would cancel my EWR itin. for any reasons.
</font>
If the "following day" flight out of EWR is on a different ticket they won't penalize you for bad behavior on the first ticket.

I'd get my stuff into a carryon and bail on the last segment, if that would help. You are breaking the rules, however, but I don't think they'd have any way to penalize you if it were the last segment.

Regarding short checking of luggage. Everyone says it can't be done but I just came back from Zurich and KLM and I had a dispute about the size of my carryon. They allowed me to check it only to AMS and claim it there and then take it on as carryon back to the US. It was just one of those agents...the bag was carryon for five of six segments, but to one lady it looked too big. I was in business class in an empty plane! I don't think you'll get away with this, however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.