Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lounge access for UGS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Question lounge access for UGS

Do UGS have access to RCC and IFL, regardless of ticketed cabin/ RCC membership?

I saw a lady get admitted with a black instead of red card, so just wondering.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No...

The only published benefit they have is access to Arrivals when flying internationally, even in coach.

There are apparently some stations where GS's are let into the IFL, such as LHR from what I have heard. This is by no means published or consistent, though.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jyatlantic
Do UGS have access to RCC and IFL, regardless of ticketed cabin/ RCC membership?

No, but you can use the MP number as your RCC membership. In other words they can lookup if you have RCC based on your MP number. This is probably why they showed that card, instead of carrying two cards.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
No...

The only published benefit they have is access to Arrivals when flying internationally, even in coach.

There are apparently some stations where GS's are let into the IFL, such as LHR from what I have heard. This is by no means published or consistent, though.
Hmm.

I wonder what her black card was!

The lady at the counter also told her "Thanks for being UGS, thanks for your business, etc...

Might of been holding an international connecting ticket...(this was at the SFO Domestic RCC)
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryan182
No, but you can use the MP number as your RCC membership. In other words they can lookup if you have RCC based on your MP number. This is probably why they showed that card, instead of carrying two cards.
OIC, I guess that was it.

Stupid me...
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K

She might have been on int'l flight?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lady at the counter also told her "Thanks for being UGS, thanks for your business, etc...
In addition to your RCC membership being linked to MP number, lots of people either getting on or coming off an international flight show their card as well as BP. The Star Alliance has trained them well.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kkjay77
She might have been on int'l flight?
SHe didn't\ show a BP.

I guess its the RCC membership attached to the MP number.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
OIC, I guess that was it.

Stupid me...
Don't you hate it when you ask such a complex question which is answered so easily???
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

If they swipe your MP card it shows whether your are an RCC Member or not. That said, some UGS do get RCC access and it is printed right on their MP card.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by auh2o
If they swipe your MP card it shows whether your are an RCC Member or not. That said, some UGS do get RCC access and it is printed right on their MP card.
Can you elaborate please? Is it part of a corporate contract or something, based on revenue, or what?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Can you elaborate please? Is it part of a corporate contract or something, based on revenue, or what?
Contract. There's not a lot of these out there.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:38 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by auh2o
Right. I use my MP card all the time when I have an OLCI BP so that the staff can swipe instead of hand-enter. The only time a physical Red Carpet Card comes in handy for those *G and above is if you are traveling domesticlly on US.

As far as some GS cards having the RCC logo, I believe those are only for GS memberships that are part of a corporate agreement-- not for those who "earn" it.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:39 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Axey
Contract. There's not a lot of these out there.
You beat me to it!

Word is that they are cutting back on these memberships in recent years, though.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA Global Services; UA/1K (since 1991); Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
LOL I use my UGS card because I've lost my RCC membership card (who of you out there has it and is using it????) and I haven't received a replacement...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.