Wiki Posts
Search

QF award availability checker on KVS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by og
If using the QF web site, ensure you tick the 4 boxes for the 4 classes. It seems that Econony (only) is the default when you do the initial investigation.
Yeah, I have been ticking Economy, Business, and First. Business shows up quite easily, just never First on any flights marketed on QF. I created a new account as well, and still no dice.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 3:49 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

It appears that QF restricts F award availability for non-elite QF FF members. Needless to say, it's not something that one can override...
Old Jan 7, 2008, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KVS
It appears that QF restricts F award availability for non-elite QF FF members. Needless to say, it's not something that one can override...
I think that QF just restricts first class award availability; there is no special first availability for QF members with status

Dave
Old Jan 7, 2008, 4:02 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I think that QF just restricts first class award availability; there is no special first availability for QF members with status
That's just like saying that QF prevents Y-class passengers from accessing F-class check-in desks, but there are no special check-in counters for PAX with F-class tickets
Old Jan 7, 2008, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KVS
That's just like saying that QF prevents Y-class passengers from accessing F-class check-in desks, but there are no special check-in counters for PAX with F-class tickets
Huh? It is nothing of the sort

it was stated that QF offers more award availabilty in 1st class to those members with status which I responded that it is not the case. A QF Gold / Platinum member sees the same availability in premium cabins as anyone else. It is only economy class where there is additional inventory

Dave
Old Jan 7, 2008, 4:25 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Huh? It is nothing of the sort

it was stated that QF offers more award availabilty in 1st class to those members with status which I responded that it is not the case. A QF Gold / Platinum member sees the same availability in premium cabins as anyone else. It is only economy class where there is additional inventory
When Aus_Mal posted that he was able to see "23 Jan 2008, Melbourne to Hong Kong. QF29. dep 23:50. Availability in First", QF FF website was not showing any award availability for that flight using a no-status account...

While it is true that QF only has a special 'elite' award booking class for economy-cabin awards, there are many other ways to restrict availability at their disposal.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:53 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by KVS
When Aus_Mal posted that he was able to see "23 Jan 2008, Melbourne to Hong Kong. QF29. dep 23:50. Availability in First", QF FF website was not showing any award availability for that flight using a no-status account...

While it is true that QF only has a special 'elite' award booking class for economy-cabin awards, there are many other ways to restrict availability at their disposal.
However, when I called AA, they were able to see that flight available for redemption. As was BA when I called them. And I have no status with BA.

I'm wondering if QF is restricting viewership for accounts with a zero mileage balance (as both of my accounts do).

And as Dave Noble mentions, I don't think this is an elite vs non-elite situation. I think that they are restricting viewership either intentionally or unintentionally using other criteria.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by RChavez
... And as Dave Noble mentions, I don't think this is an elite vs non-elite situation. I think that they are restricting viewership either intentionally or unintentionally using other criteria.
Hmmm, Qantas may indeed be doing this.

On two separate PC's I have logged on to two FF accounts - one WP and one NB. I have made two identical queries (refreshing each in turn several times). Dates are flexible centered around 23rd Jan and are for F/J/Y seats MEL-HKG one-way.

The same result keep coming up:

The WP account can see F availability on 17th & 23rd Jan - The NB query is showing no F availability.

FWIW, the NB a/c has over 1500 QFF points.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:26 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by serfty
Hmmm, Qantas may indeed be doing this.

On two separate PC's I have logged on to two FF accounts - one WP and one NB. I have made two identical queries (refreshing each in turn several times). Dates are flexible centered around 23rd Jan and are for F/J/Y seats MEL-HKG one-way.

The same result keep coming up:

The WP account can see F availability on 17th & 23rd Jan - The NB query is showing no F availability.

FWIW, the NB a/c has over 1500 QFF points.
I definitely find that interesting, since they'd only be imposing that restriction on their own FF members, based on my anecdotal evidence. Since AA & BA don't differentiate by elite status, the inventory is still accessible to non-elite customers from their partners. Actually, come to think of it, it would be accessible to non-elite members by ringing up QF directly as well.

At any rate, very strange indeed.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Until recently, Qantas used Z, U, T & X for thier award booking classes. T was a special class for Elite WHY awards.

With the advent of Y+, Qantas decided to align with BA and sent T off to represent Discount Premium Economy and Gold/Platinum whY Award redemption was to be a subclass of X.

I wonder how this subclasses has been implemented? It would not be a difficult thing to employ the same technology for F and J awards.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:23 am

I wonder how this subclasses has been implemented? It would not be a difficult thing to employ the same technology for F and J awards.
I wonder if it's a bug, or subtle Qantas testing of something they're thinking of rolling out with the next round of 'enhancements'... different Award viewing based on status with Qantas.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:26 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

Some of you may have noticed that BA flights have recently mysteriously disappeared from QF's award search engine.

To facilitate the most expeditious resolution, I would encourage QF FF members to bring this issue to their attention using the Contact form at
http://www.qantas.com.au/needhelp/dyn/index/feedback
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:16 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by KVS
Some of you may have noticed that BA flights have recently mysteriously disappeared from QF's award search engine.

To facilitate the most expeditious resolution, I would encourage QF FF members to bring this issue to their attention using the Contact form at
http://www.qantas.com.au/needhelp/dyn/index/feedback
Done!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Done!
Me too!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:52 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Me too!
Me 3^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.