Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting insights.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2007, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Interesting insights.....

You can take this info for what it is (informed rumour) or leave it.

New First Seat

Will be very similar to what they have today - more of an upgrade like Club. They won't have suites like EK,SQ and 9W. In feedback from Premium pax they have found that they don't want double suites. Expect something more like CX and QF. BA do have something big up their sleeve here.....

New Routes

India will be a key market with 5 new routes on the table. Also considering direct flights between North America and the sub-continent with new aircraft.

Club World & the 777

The weight issue has been resolved, but the 777 Club cabin keeps failing crash tests. Apparently BA are the only airline to do complete cabin crash tests. Can Spotwelder confirm?

AVOD

Exisiting wiring in the 747 is causing compatability issues. They know how to fix it, but each 747 is different so they come across a different compatability issue per aircraft.

Willy

A tough nut who really does love BA and more importantly its customers.

T5

Sh!t or bust - they do expect T5, new fleet and new products (F, WT+ and WT) to turn BA back to the "...world's favourite airline".

Watch this space FTers.....
Old Nov 17, 2007, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
I sure hope so too!

Interesting about new F seat: hopefully an upgrade of quality (And consistency) of cabin service. Any ideas on a time frame??
Old Nov 17, 2007, 4:14 am

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Originally Posted by BAPremier
Willy

A tough nut who really does love BA and more importantly its customers.

Maybe - but which customers, and indeed which BA? Some of us are clearly loved rather less than others!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of NA-India routes (presumably with 787s? I don't think anything else other than Airbii or 777 LR's have the range) as it demonstrates that they're thinking about how they can take the brand global and not limit it to the UK...!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of NA-India routes (presumably with 787s? I don't think anything else other than Airbii or 777 LR's have the range) as it demonstrates that they're thinking about how they can take the brand global and not limit it to the UK...!
The UK?
Last time I checked, BA only offered a premium class service to a grand total of one UK city.
Edited to add: actually there is the MAN-JFK flight but let's see how long that lasts
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:29 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by graraps
The UK?
Last time I checked, BA only offered a premium class service to a grand total of one UK city.
Edited to add: actually there is the MAN-JFK flight but let's see how long that lasts
Pffffft, UK = London!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
More interested to hear about possible WT+ 'Refresh'. Just flew on "THE Competitor" over the pond last week in their PE and was very impressed by the leather seats / Service / Upper Deck.

I'm a fortnightly 'J' pax TLV-LHR-TLV, so not mega relevant to me though i think it's an area BA should focus....and with recent articles pointing to an increase in PE pax worldwide it seems like a no brainer for BA at the moment.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
You can take this info for what it is (informed rumour) or leave it.

New First Seat

Will be very similar to what they have today - more of an upgrade like Club. They won't have suites like EK,SQ and 9W. In feedback from Premium pax they have found that they don't want double suites. Expect something more like CX and QF. BA do have something big up their sleeve here.....

T5

Sh!t or bust - they do expect T5, new fleet and new products (F, WT+ and WT) to turn BA back to the "...world's favourite airline".

Watch this space FTers.....
Interesting, thank you. I do hope that at the very least, the new F seat will be wider than the present seat and give a little more space around the seat for those travelling in the middle seats and not the A/K seats on the 747.

Consistency of service is key, and really does not need any additional cost, just crew who are prepared to adhere to the training and provide a pleasant, responsive service- not always the case as we all know.

I went to T5 in early November for one of the trials. Looks like it could be a much better experience, although there are some issues that they will need to work on and, as usual, it relies on the staff working there. Fingers crossed.

I have only flown WT+ once and was pleasantly surprised on the short flight to CAI. That said, VS and now QF appear to be raising the standard considerably and this competition should force BA to make some improvements to this important cabin!

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Nov 17, 2007 at 12:33 pm Reason: Added comment re WT+
Old Nov 17, 2007, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the insights BAPremier.

I agree with TravellerFrequently that consistency in service delivery ( esp in FIRST) could ( and should) be acheived . My last First flight lacked a few things in the crew/service department compared to othe FT'ers experience)

It will be interesting to see if T5 improves the ease of the LHR experience ( esp for connecting pax as I connect often from Scotland albeit with early morning flights from LHR I fly down the night before)

Hopefully the NGCW will start to be fitted on the 777s in the near future.

It will be interesting to see in a few years the cabin plans for the 787 and A380.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 17, 2007, 12:53 pm

... the 777 Club cabin keeps failing crash tests.
Thats always a nice thing to hear!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by WingsAroundtheWorld
I sure hope so too!

Interesting about new F seat: hopefully an upgrade of quality (And consistency) of cabin service. Any ideas on a time frame??
Only once the CW upgrade has been completed. 2008 but currently a moving target...
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jonnye
More interested to hear about possible WT+ 'Refresh'. Just flew on "THE Competitor" over the pond last week in their PE and was very impressed by the leather seats / Service / Upper Deck.

I'm a fortnightly 'J' pax TLV-LHR-TLV, so not mega relevant to me though i think it's an area BA should focus....and with recent articles pointing to an increase in PE pax worldwide it seems like a no brainer for BA at the moment.
They 'guarenteed' that it would be better than VS
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Interesting, thank you. I do hope that at the very least, the new F seat will be wider than the present seat and give a little more space around the seat for those travelling in the middle seats and not the A/K seats on the 747.

Consistency of service is key, and really does not need any additional cost, just crew who are prepared to adhere to the training and provide a pleasant, responsive service- not always the case as we all know.

I went to T5 in early November for one of the trials. Looks like it could be a much better experience, although there are some issues that they will need to work on and, as usual, it relies on the staff working there. Fingers crossed.

I have only flown WT+ once and was pleasantly surprised on the short flight to CAI. That said, VS and now QF appear to be raising the standard considerably and this competition should force BA to make some improvements to this important cabin!
It is their most profitable cabin per sq ft hence their 'guarentee' to be better than VS...
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Thanks for the insights BAPremier.

I agree with TravellerFrequently that consistency in service delivery ( esp in FIRST) could ( and should) be acheived . My last First flight lacked a few things in the crew/service department compared to othe FT'ers experience)

It will be interesting to see if T5 improves the ease of the LHR experience ( esp for connecting pax as I connect often from Scotland albeit with early morning flights from LHR I fly down the night before)

Hopefully the NGCW will start to be fitted on the 777s in the near future.

It will be interesting to see in a few years the cabin plans for the 787 and A380.

Regards

TBS
Their focus will be more onthe ground than in the air ^
Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jonnye

Couldn’t agree more.
In the past week I have a received emails from NH, and QF about their new PE products.
Time for BA to get of their ar**** and do something about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.